She can still wake....right?

Aurora's POV

My dream

I was on my own brushing my hair when a girl came to me singing. She was my Joe's sister. She was singing. I felt different when I heard her voice. She was singing. I felt weaker and defenceless. She was holding a small poster. That on it was:

JESUS IS WAITING IN OPEN ARMS TO RECEIVE YOU. RECEIVE HIM TOO.

I felt angry. I felt weaker. I felt like I was about to die. Then, I tried to hit her but my hand went right through her.

'Is she a ghost?' I asked myself. 'A ghost is haunting me! Why? Why is Jesus waiting for me to hug him?'

When I woke up, I called Joe. I called countless times but he didn't answer or call back.

I never really liked his sister anyway.

When he finally called me back, I tried to narrate what happened but, I guess he was frustrated. He ended the call.

I made breakfast for myself.

Being an orphan is tough. 

I was born shortly before my parents died. Both of them. I was adopted by my aunty. She took care of me until I was fifteen. Then, she got me an apartment and supplied me money monthly. Then, she traveled to her husband, my uncle, in Arizona.

I had been living alone ever since.

Maybe I do need a hug from Jesus.

JOHN'S POV

I felt a first the warmth of God's presence when I prayed for Sultana. I just felt like I needed to pray for her. I felt warm as I was praying. The presence of God was evident. I began to praise him. I had been going to church, to worship God and not to go as a pastor's son, since I heard that Sultana recovered from sickle cell anaemia, osteoporosis, lung cancer, asthma and some other diseases. I gave my life to Christ few days after I genuinely went to God's house.

So, after praying for her, I called her brother to ask about Sultana. He didn't answer. I just kept praying for her.

Joanne's POV

"Just like that?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes. It is done. Wait for the news of her death."the man said.

I was introduced to this man, know as the greatest killer. I asked him to kill Sultana. And he did it. Almost immediately. Though, he asked me to peel a part of the skin on my thumb and drop it in a pot.

When I got home, I heard her singing from my room. When I got there, she was standing next to my window. She was singing. She looked at me, stopped singing, smiled and continued singing.

Something was very captivating in that song. Though I don't remember the lyrics or the exact way she sand it, it was.... beautiful.

Then, she disappeared. I cried as I felt guilt wrap itself around me. I cried until tears could no longer flow. I was feeling so guilty that I almost felt like hurting myself but something was holding me back. Whatever it was, it was definitely for my own good because I just got a new set of sharp knives.

I called Joe.

"Umm.. Joe. I heard Sultana's voice from my room few minutes ago. She was singing. It was scary at first. I went into the room and I saw her standing next to the window. She paused her singing, looked at me, smiled and resumed singing. After about another ten seconds of singing, she just disappeared. Is she okay?" I asked.

He was silent for a while then put my call on hold and picked his mother's. He probably forgot because he ended both calls and switched his phone off.

I'm so guilty. I've been such a bad and selfish friend.

Mrs Enoch's POV

I don't know why the world is so cruel. My daughter was just free from the clutches of sickness, now, she might....die in the next four days. What did I do to receive this. I shouldn't have married this man. I thought he loved me.

Some days after our wedding, he travelled. I called so many times. I was worried. When he came back, he became petty and irritable. I thought I did something wrong. I married him ignoring the risk of having sicklers as children. Then, he's paying me back with a horrible attitude.

When we had Joshua, this man was in Texas, I was in Nigeria. When we had Sultana, he was at home. He refused to take me to the hospital. I walked there all by myself. Joshua was at school then.

I am almost one hundred percent sure that he did something to Sultana. How could she just faint?

Mr Enoch's POV

She should die abeg. The money for school fees will reduce.

Joe's POV

I kept on calling Mum who refused to leave the hospital. She sat beside Sultana's bed, rubbed her hand and spoke to her as if expecting answers.

On the fourth day,

Once the day broke completely, I called Mum. She didn't answer.

Please,I need an answer. God, please, this is the time you show up now. Please.

On the sixth call, she answered.

I was greeted with heart broken sobs.

I didn't need to hear more. I got a picture of Sultana when she graduated from elementary school from the table in front of me. I cried.

God why?!