Accident

"Dad."

"Yes, Joe?"

"Sultana is upstairs crying. Do you have any idea about what's going on with her?"

"No."

"Where's Mum?"

"She's in her room."

Joe went to his Mum's room.

"Mum. Something's wrong with Sultana. She's crying upstairs."

"What happened? She was alright when she came back."the slim lady said getting up from her reading desk and heading towards Sultana's door.

"Mum, she didn't let me in. She locked the door."

"Don't worry."

She walked to Sultana's room. She overheard her crying and groaning.

"Sultana, are you okay?"
She didn't answer. The sobs continued.

Please open the door.

Sultana opened the door and let her mother in.

Sultana's POV

Once we got back from the hospital, I went to my room. I sat on my bed. I was getting ready to go for a new evening fellowship I joined. I wore a black top and was about to remove my jeans and wear a green skirt when I fell into a trance.

I saw my Daddy being held down by chains, my brother dead and my mother sick. Then, I saw Joanne standing in front of me. She was smiling. I reached forward to slap her but she disappeared. I started to cry. After some time, a knock brought me back to reality. I opened the door. It was my mother.

She looked confused and sad. I told her that I was fine. It was a very lame excuse though. She forced me to talk.

I told her that I just needed to pray about something. I wore my skirt, took a tote bag, put a Bible, a pen and my phone inside and I left the house.

I hurried to the closest junction and waited. A small tricycle offered to take me to my destination. I agreed.

As we were going, I had a persuasion to pray but I didn't know what to pray about. I was waiting to get to the fellowship to pray there. Then, the tricycle just stopped.

In a split second, the driver of the tricycle shouted, then, a woman beside me held me and tried to pull me out of the tricycle when a large truck hit the tricycle.
.....................................................................

I woke up in a hospital. I recognized it by the white walls and the hospital scent. I was on a hospital bed. A nurse was talking to another nurse. They didn't notice that I was awake.

NURSE 1: This girl can't survive. She has lost so much blood. I don't even know what to do. We can't find her parents and nobody knows who she is.

NURSE 2: Her parents will come sooner or later. The woman that paid for herself and this girl doesn't even know her. It was just out of compassion.

Then, someone opened the door. I tried to look in that direction, but I couldn't move my head.

"Is she here?"

It was John's voice. I heard my mother shout; 'Jesus' when she saw my state. My Dad gasped and said something which Joe replied with 'A very fatal accident' while I heard Joanne's voice talking quietly to whoever she was talking to. She was probably on the phone.

So, John, Joe, my parents and Joanne came.