POVs

Joanne's POV

After seeing my plans work out but FAIL after two seconds of triumph, I felt even more bitter towards the so-called Princess Sultana. I did everything possible to kill her. I mean how could a truck hit you and you won't die. Hit you directly on your head. She's so not normal.

The good news is that I, Joanne Ajenimi,(a-j-ei-n-i-m-i), will not give up. In fact, my next plan is infallible. I just need more power.

Joe's POV

I really have to let Aurora go.

After explaining to Sultana about where I had to go, I ran to Aurora's house. She told me on the phone that she needed to see me urgently. She lost five hundred thousand naira. Technically, she was on a loan of three hundred thousand naira. She paid it but somehow she lost five hundred thousand naira. Don't ask me how.

When I consoled her, she asked me to give her money. I gave her ten thousand naira because I didn't have that much with me.

She hissed and called me a wretched pauper. I left her house. Though it was almost dark.

I DIDN'T MEET SULTANA AT HOME!!!

When Mum and Dad came home, I didn't know how to explain.

I really have to avoid Aurora.
So, umm, lemme practice what to say

'Mum, Dad, I just went out to get.......'
      OR
'Mum, I sware, I don't know how.......'
     OR
'You see, umm.., she needs a little independence and....'

Lame excuses ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

Then, I heard her knock on the gate. Thank goodness, just before Dad noticed. Mum went out to get something. I opened the smaller gate and told Sultana to explain herself. Somehow, she was finding it difficult to talk.

Close call. If I ever answer that beautiful girl called Aurora......Well, it not her fault. Okay, I forgive her. I mean, how could you fight the person on your phone's wallpaper.

John's POV

I've not seen Sultana since the accident.

I walked past her house. No sign of her. I was just happy that she's alive.