17 | Cross Paths

17 | Cross Paths

FATE

Krian's POV

"Welcome to my home. Please take your seats. I will get some blankets to keep you warm." The giant tossed his keys to a small blue bowl on a black cabinet next to his door. His footsteps were light as he got in his home and it seemed like an anomaly to not hear a heavy stomp coming from him on his rich flooring. He opened his door fully and let us in.

"I didn't know gargoyles live in French apartments." Andros commented while we looked around his clean home. That comment made him earn a resounding slap on the shoulder from Solstice followed by her warning him to be nice.

A large fireplace was lit up in the living room, crackling and providing a homely ambience in the house; a rustic cream carpet decorating the light wooden floors and a large black couch was set facing the fireplace. There was a large rainforest plant situated in the corner along with a floor lamp lighting up the corner giving a touch of simplicity in his home. The ceiling of the entire room was high. At the left side of the place was a spiraling staircase that led to a loft. To my right was his kitchen area. A dainty lonely brown table sat on the dining room next to the kitchen where a single brown chair kept it company.

"Your home is beautiful, Caius." My brother complimented.

"Merci." The man's voice was clipped and serious. His cape brushed against the floor and he reminded me when I had the obsession of watching Batman. His horns had long retracted and hidden away from the human gaze and he looked normal now except for his large long cape.

His house was in the colors of black, brown and cream; each color accentuating the expensive furniture in his home. On his walls hung classic paintings on gold vintage frames - some depicting war, some of fields with a lady in yellow overlooking the fields with her back turned to the painter and one painting was an old castle with gargoyles like him guarding it with some perched on the castle's roof and gate.

But the highlight of his home was the painting above the fireplace where he was painted together with a woman next to him. He held the beautiful woman lovingly with his hand resting on the side of her waist. He smiled with her and with his free hand, he held a huge sword proudly, the sharp point of it on the ground treating the sword like a cane. He was a decorated soldier seeing the honorary medals he had pinned on the right side of his chest. I could see his cape spread on his side.

The woman next to him was just as proud as him. She had beautiful chocolate skin that remained flawless frozen in time. Her lips drew a sweet smile that carried confidence. Her long black curly hair was braided to the side, framing her oval face. She wore a white dress with an off-shoulder neckline; a high slit was on her dress giving her a sultry look, her long leg showing from the high slit. She wore golden high heels with straps laced up to her ankles and I noticed small sunflowers scattered across the strings of the shoes. A single yellow flower was on her ear. She had a hand to Caius' chest and by the looks of it, they were a beautiful couple who loved each other.