VOLUME: 1

He wasn't your first option for a roommate, in fact he was so far off your radar for a potential housemate, you damn near shrieked when you saw him. But when nobody had showed up besides him to view the small two bedroom house that you were forced to sublease after your roommate got married— you didn't have a fucking choice. It was too expensive to run another ad in the Hawkins Post and summer was coming to a close. You were fucked.

"You're fucking kidding me," you snarl as you throw open the door to see his stupid grin. Always too toothy, too goddamn endearing. Made your stomach bind up. "No, no way."

Standing in all his sadistic leather glory was Eddie fucking Munson. He's taller than he used to be, still a long haired asshole, reeking of weed and cheap deodorant. What kind of sick twisted joke is this? Did you really piss off mother karma that bad that you have to live in a separate, more fucked up layer of hell? Fuck you Dante, and your inferno. There's not a single other person in this town who needs somewhere to stay?!

He pushes his way into your home, leaning forward with a shit eating grin, eyes hooded and winking as your lips curl in disgust. "Nice to see you too sweetheart." He taunted. Licking his lips as he stalked past you, his filthy work boots tracking dirt onto the carpet.

"Yuck, don't call me that," you hissed, you stand with your hand still on the knob, not fully committing to wanting to shut the door— praying that he was some sort of a hallucination.

"You gonna show me around, or should I raid your panty drawer while you sulk?" A dimple dips into his cheeks as his stupid grin grows wider on his face.

You slam the door with a thud, "kitchen, living room, my bedroom, the other bedroom, bathroom, garage, laundry in the basement." You're practically shouting, as you stomp around the small space, pointing to the direction of each room, taking a grand total of twenty seconds to point everything out, not giving a fat rats ass if he was following you or not. His laugh echoes off the walls, taunting you, making your skin crawl and your ears itch. You turn around to find him quick on your heels, your face almost smashing into his grease covered work shirt.

He doesn't move, or make any attempt to step away from you, forcing you to put the space between you both, stepping back and smoothing down your hair.  His eyes kill to yours, dark swirls of muddy browns searching your own, he asks, "Why do you get the bigger room?"

The fucking audacity of this man. You could wring his neck right now and nobody would even know.

"Excuse me?" You question, peering into his chocolate eyes, waving a finger in his face, "maybe because It's my fucking house, you're lucky if you'll get a room at all."

He leans his head back with a laugh, letting it slam forward as he deadpans, creeping forward and stepping around you, waiting til he's behind you to whisper in your ear, "I'm lucky? That ad was in the paper for over a week," he seethes, "I bet I'm the only one who showed up to view the place, so nice try, Tooty— but you're desperate for the cash." He wasn't wrong, you were desperate, the salon paid okay but Josie just upped the price on your rental chair, making your mortgage almost impossible for you to pay on your own.

"...I'm doing you a favor. So, if you want me to pay rent and utilities, then I'll, so graciously, be taking the bigger room." His breath fans across the back of your neck, making the hairs stand up, and goosebumps riddle your skin. You turn to face him, hands on your hips trying to show how serious you are.

"I know it took you like 4 times longer to graduate than anyone in United States History, but you can't possibly be this damn dumb." It was a cheap shot and you know it, but who does he think he is? Barging in here with demands like a fucking A list celebrity. Not today, mother fucker.