Volume: 9

15.4k 👀

Let me know if you guys are liking this story!

"Don't peek!"

"I'm not!"

"I mean it, you'll ruin it if you peek!"

Large hands cover your already shut tight eyes as you walk forward blindly through the crunch of ice and heavy snow. The soles of your chunky boots leave behind inch deep footprints in the parking lot of Boom's Auto shop.

"Eddie! oh fu— your hands are freezing!"

A deep husky chuckle hums in your ear, skating across the air and landing warmly on your cheek. A flushed heat accompanying the welcomed tickle of his laugh.

"Just a little further," Eddie says with a laugh, still walking behind you, big hands blind folding your eyes. Maybe you should have mentioned that you don't like surprises. The last surprise you had trusted was from your parents. And that resulted in them moving across the country to be closer to Kevin, cutting you out and leaving you behind.

Practically stamping your foot and stopping altogether you let out his name in a small whine.

"So impatient, Tooty," he whispered like a ghost into your ear, sending a flock of goosebumps down your neck. His calloused hands itched at your soft skin. Your eyelashes tickling his palms. "I promise it's worth the wait, just a little bit further."

Sighing with hmmpfed pout, you trudge on, squishing snow beneath your feet.

"Okay, are you ready?" Eddie gleams, hinted delight in his voice like a child showing his parents his cubby at school.

"No," you tease, eyes still closed, "I think I'll just turn around and go home."

Eddie breathes out a groan and tickles his cold fingers into your neck, giggling as you squeal, "see you brought your infamous attitude, sweetheart."

Gasping for breath from the cold and trying to get away from Eddie's frigid digits you quip, "ah, you know me, I don't leave home without it."

"Brat," Eddie jokes, moving your shoulders into the perfect position he sees fit. "Alright b—Tooty, open your eyes."

The sun shines blinding against the frosted white ground, stinging your eyes as you open them from the darkness of your eyelids and Eddie's sheltered hands. Nestled in the back corner of the parking lot next to a pile of snow sits your car, sitting on 4 brand new tires.

Stunned beyond believe, heart full and ready to burst you are at a loss for words.

"Uh—, sorry it took so long, I fixed it up a little bit more than what was initially wrong with it, replaced the tires—they were pretty bad, fixed the headlights, completely flus— "

Eddie's mechanical explanation of what was wrong with your car and how he fixed it goes dead with a grunt and a gasp as you throw yourself into his arms, forgetting his healing ribs you fully wrap your legs around his waist. Ignoring the way the snow on your boots is soaking through his shirt making his back wet, his leather jacket riding up from your sudden jump into his arms. He is completely consumed in this moment. He doesn't care. The whole world is in his hands, and he doesn't want the warmth of your body to escape him. Soul on fire and the barricade around his heart completely down, grass growing where they lay now, he is enamored by you. The smell of your hair, how tight you are squeezing him around the back of his neck. Your thighs clutching him. He's a mess. Melting more than Frosty did on the warmest day of the year.

Welling tears spill from your eyes, you whisper shyly, "thank you," Floored by your own emotions, you are speechless. Outside of the Wheeler's, you haven't had someone care for you on such a personal level before. Eddie made you feel safe, he gave you a sense of calm that filled you with hope, filled you with joy. Not being able to fathom how your life has changed so much since he moved in, the anxiety of everyday life washing away with his smile. His goofiness rinsing the doubt out of the air. The bruise around his eye is fading, color returning back to its original beautiful paled complexion. Emotions running high, you can't convey with words how grateful you are, instead you pull your head from his shoulder and turn it slightly. Pressing delicate mauve painted lips to his cheek. It's sweeter than sugar. A dainty quick kiss as sudden as the first drop of rain hitting your cheek in the summer.