1985

a look into the past with Eddie & Tooty Hope you enjoy 😉

Hope you enjoy 😉

Engine roaring hot with the early dog days of summer, Eddie's van skids to a stop sliding against black top of Piney Wood Lane.

"Eddie! What the fuck?!" A church mouse voice that resembled nails on a chalkboard shrieks when the van halts to a stop. Peach colored lipstick is smeared in a wavy line across her pale skin, Chrissy glares icy blue daggers into the curly haired metal head.

Stoned and nearly asleep, Eddie forced his tired lips into a grin, pearly whites gleaming against the backdrop of the setting sun through the dirty windshield. "Oh babe you're so pretty, here let me help." Grabbing the tube of lipstick Eddie draws a matching line across her other cheek, "all better," he yawns as she snatches the lipstick tube back and shoves the lid back on slamming it into her purse. Using a dirty t-shirt by her feet that she knew was used to wipe Eddie's cum off her stomach some time last week after one of his shows, she rotates it to a cleanish spot and works the black cloth gently across her face, muttering to herself.

"Where are these little shits anyway?" She grumbles as she avoids Eddie's lips on her neck, shoving him away with the heel of her hand.

"Fuck Chris, relax," Eddie says, arms up in a surrender and lowering slightly to light a cigarette and blowing the smoke into the open warm air through his window, "little Tooty said they have to sneak out of the basement window."

It had been a full year since Eyeball had left town and graduated without Eddie. His best friend was always smarter than he was, never having to repeat senior year, he left Eddie's trailer park ass in the dust— never to be heard from again.

A scoff breaks from Chrissy's pastel pink lips as she swipes more powder blue eyeshadow on her lids in the mirror. "I don't know what my brother sees in her."

The high encompassing Eddie falters for a split second. Chad Cunningham? What the fuck would Tooty want to do with him?

"Damn, tell me how you really feel," Eddie says, rolling his eyes and inhaling from his cigarette, "don't hold back."

Chrissy flips the visor up with a thud and crosses her arms, her lips twisted in a sneer, she opens her mouth to speak but Eddie shushes her when five moving figures run across the neatly mowed lawn of the Wheeler's.

Opening the sliding door is a pimple-faced Mike Wheeler, accompanied by Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, Max Mayfield, and you.

"Whoa whoa whoa," Eddie says holding his hands up in protest, "watch the carpet yeah? Won't be a shaggin' wagon if the carpet is stomped all to hell you little gremlins."

"Fuck dude," Dustin speaks, sliding next to Mike on the floor, "you gonna give us upholstery lessons or are we going to this party?"

Mike and Lucas laugh as Eddie takes off before the door is even shut. Screaming into the night like a bat out of hell. Passing out cigarettes from a crumbled pack you kept in the breast pocket of the same ratty flannel you wore almost daily, everyone leans forward to catch the flame at the same time. Inhaling deep and choking back smoke against baby pink lungs.