Chapter 13 - The Origin of S.P.E.W

"Raymond..... You should NOT pick up everything you see here at Hogwarts, okay?"

~~~~

3rd Person's POV

"Y/n???? Y/n??!!"

The voice snapped back the girl into reality. She now realized she was already in her tutoring session. Christopher stared at her with confusion "What's wrong??, you're very distracted today" he asked her. "sorry.. its just... something happened in our class" Y/n replied sitting up straight. "what?" Christopher asked putting his feather in the ink pot. "Professor Moody... he..... taught us The Unforgivable curses" Y/n replied making Christopher stunned.

"A-all of them?" Christopher asked in horror. "yes.... with practical example" Y/n replied, scribbling her parchment paper. "oh who??!!" Christopher asked again. "A poor spider.... he tormented her, tortured her......killed her eventually" Y/n replied with a sign. "Is that the same spider you were burying outside the clocktower courtyard??" Christopher asked making Y/n look up to him "how do you know that?" she asked. "I saw you..... I was walking by when you were burying it" Christopher replied and Y/n nodded. "Good work" Christopher muttered and after that they continued their work.

As Harry expected, Y/n didn't eat dinner properly again. All she had was sweet corn soup and a bit of sandwich. After they returned, Hermione excused herself for a bit and Y/n had went upstairs to grab a few books and change into comfortable clothes. When she returned she saw that Harry and Ron were completing their Divination homework, so she joined them. But before she could open her books, Harry pushed a box to her.

"What's this?" Y/n asked inspecting the box. It was a normal cardboard box. it was at normal temperature, she couldn't understand what could be inside of it. "Its for you... you're not going to open a single book unless you finish all that" Harry said a bit strictly making Y/n curious even more.

Y/n opened the box and suddenly her face was covered in hot steam. she felt that the box suddenly turned hot. Just when she thought Harry was pranking her, she smelled it. "Is this??? spicy Mac and cheese?" Y/n asked looking in the box. "Yes.. I ordered it from Hogsmeade village for you" Harry said. "But why?" Y/n asked. "no reason.... just eat that" Harry replied with a smile and continued his homework.

Y/n smiled at him secretly and begun eating. Ron stared at the pair, he smiled shaking his head while continuing his homework as well. By the time, Y/n was halfway done, Hermione arrived. She placed a box in the table in front of them "What's in the box?" Harry asked her. "oh! glad you asked!" Hermione grinned opening the box lid. They peeked and saw about fifty badges with same letters 'S.P.E.W' written in all of them.

"spew?" Harry asked "what's this about?"

"not spew... Its S-P-E-W!!!" Hermione corrected him "stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare"

"Never heard of it" Ron said. "Of course, you haven't... I just started it" Hermione stated. "Yeah?" Ron said in mild surprise "how many members have you got yet?" Ron asked. "Well.. if you three join.. -four" Hermione replied. "You want us to walk around wearing a badge that says 'spew'???" Ron asked.

"S-P-E-W!!!!!" Hermione snapped at him "I was going to put Stop the Outrageous Abuse of felloe Magical creatures and campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status.... but it wouldn't fit... So that's the heading of our manifesto"

Hermione placed a parchment paper in front of them "I've been researching it thoroughly in the library. Elf enslavement goes back centuries. I can't believe no one's done anything about it before now." Hermione told them. "Hermione!! why don't you realise many of them like being enslaved?" Ron said a little loudly. "Our short-term aims--" Hermione continued with a voice even louder than Ron's "are to secure house-elves fair wages and working conditions. Our long-term aims include changing the law about non-wand use, and trying to get an elf into the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, because they're shockingly underrepresented"