Chapter 46: The Interlude

It had been a couple of weeks since the flooding, contact between EJ and Ricky had been more frequent then normal but not to the same point as it once was yet as he lay there his continuous thought wasn't just Ricky but what his life would look like in another year. Would he be someone where popular, famous, travelling, education, in love, out of love... His heart yearned for so much yet he had no real answer he had no real end goal he just wanted to be fully happy. 

Every time he thought about the future he thought about how his Dad at first wanted to control it, then  well he wasn't going to let himself fall into his spiral. 

So he got out of his bed which he had done most the days, I mean for the most of them. I mean 6 or 7 hours out of bed was a great thing. Yesterday he had been for a drive to for two hours there and two hours back to a place where he and Ricky had some horrifically wonderful sex. For the vanilla out there I guess it would be horrific but for him it was bliss, the other day he drove to the airport where he had met Jack and remembered his pimples.

He had driven to the school where he fondly remembered his teacher who mainly was a lovely guy and nothing about the bedroom till that Halloween film. Maybe even before then...

His mind had been a jumble of all the brilliant and amazing experiences he had faced and adored throughout this year. Yet he 100% knew that this year was about him. It needed to be him discovering himself not as that beautiful, amazing younger studs boyfriend even tho he did think about texting him plenty. If he was honest he had been in tough with Jack more discussing the future then Ricky. It felt so much easier to talk to Jack then Ricky cause Ricky was still highly Ricky!

He had admitted to loving him with all his heart but he also admitted that in two to three years time he couldn't imagine how there futures lead the same way. They both had such exciting and brilliant lives ahead of them was there space for something to be forever been between them. 

He threw a top on and smiled to himself. 

He pulled on his trousers before he smiled slightly. "Buckle Up, Wildcats. Been a while since I... Buckled up." He said thinking about protection.

He slipped on his trainers and then he walked out to the door. 

"You off for another drive?" He heard bellowed at him from down the corridor. 

As he ignored it he kept walking and he really didn't know where he was driving to today in a way he didn't care in just a week his world would be changed it would be the start of something new.

__________________________________________________________

Ricky sat there as his Dad spoke to him about how EJ would be thinking about his future and how it would be selfish. However if Rick had been honest he wasn't fully concentrated on anything his head had been swimming but he knew everything was coming to an end and he felt sad. 

He was unsure anything could make him happy. Everyone had this desire, I guess it was because when he thought of EJ he thought about a future where they will obviously all go off in different directions. They will have different lives and they will be ships passing in the night. Is it not best to be that with everyone. 

He thought back to flooding the bathroom which he had loved the raw sexuality, the unexpected nature. The rough with the smooth, the deep with the shallow.

He didn't want EJ to be a sad songs in a hotel room even though he knew everything  if they had to go there separate ways but as he was still very unsure he just didn't want any more heart break this last roll, this last season this last time. 

Ricky zoned back in to hear his dad say, "I am so glad I moved back in, you still need looking after."

"Thanks, I love you to I might head out for a bit a week till everything starts I need to start thinking about this year." Ricky said as he stood up in his wonderful jeans that hugged his arse. 

His Dad smiled and before saying, "You need to start thinking about your future. I do hope where ever it all goes. I wish you do find someone though."

______________________________________

Anyway anyone excited for the new series lets chat 

I love reading your comments and seeing your likes please feel free to write away I very much enjoy reading them all and they give me great ideas and drive to continue writing.

I also have a general Discord for my other things. I have a section for reading now on it.

https://discord.gg/ZN9JS8Kmwz