Chapter 4

"A New Home"

Dylan’s POV:

            I was sitting in my bed waiting for Hannah to come. Today I was getting out of the hospital and going home to Hannah’s house. My mom would help me get there but she was leaving tonight for work. She had already taken my clothes and stuff over to Hannah’s house. According to Hannah she had my bedroom set up and was completely ready for me.        

            I looked over at the clock again and sighed. Hannah hadn’t been able to come over but for about an hour yesterday. I hated to say it but I really missed her. I haven’t even really known her but for a week and I already really missed her.

            “You ready to go,” Hannah asked as she busted in the room.

            “Yeah,” I said with a small smile as I stood up. My back still hurt a little but it was getting better.

            “It’s weird to see you standing up. I forgot how much of a giant you are,” she said laughing as she put her hands on her hips.

            “I like that you’re short. You look like a china doll,” I told her.

            “Whatever,” she scoffed as she grabbed my bag and turned.

            “You don’t think so,” I asked.

            “China dolls are beautiful,” was all she said as she walked out with me on her heels.

            “So are you,” I said simply.

            “Thank you,” she said as her face went red.

            “You’re welcome,” I told her as we got into the elevator.

            “Are you ready to see your new home,” she asked me.

            “I suppose so,” I said as I frowned.

            “It’ll be fun,” she said as she reached over to squeeze my wrist.

            “You’re right,” I said as I smiled at her.

            “I have your room all fixed up and I let Marsha know that you were coming,” she told me as the elevator stopped.

            “Marsha,” I asked.

            “Oh. The housekeeper,” she explained as we walked outside.

            “Oh. Is she ok with me coming,” I asked as I followed her.

            “Of course,” she said as she looked up at me. Her hair was pulled away from her face so she looked really innocent today. I still couldn’t get over how pretty she was.

            “Good,” I said as I looked around trying to spot a car that I thought was hers.

            “This way,” she said as she turned and walked towards a car that made me stop in my tracks. It was a brand new 2012 mustang convertible. It had me almost drooling.