Chapter 28

"Vacation Time"

Hannah's POV:

We had been back from California for almost a week. In just a few days we would be on a plane heading to Rome for the rest of the summer. The more I packed the more excited I got. I couldn't believe I was going to be spending my summer with my amazing friends and my incredibly gorgeous boyfriend in the beautiful city of Rome. It would be a perfect summer.

I loved how happy everyone seemed to be. Ally and Jared were doing really good. They were pretty much attached at the hip these days. I could tell that they were seriously in love. They hung out with me and Dylan pretty much every day. Wes and Toby were always with us to.

Wes and Toby seemed to be getting along great. They really seemed happy together. They started with one date but now they were either always together or always on the phone together. It was like it physically hurt them not to be in constant contact with each other. I knew how they felt though. I was the same way with Dylan.

Dylan's mother had come home so he was back living with her. He spent all of his days with me but it was different now that he had to go home. We didn't get to get to climb in bed after a long day and talk to each other before we went to sleep. I felt lonely at night even though I knew I would see him the next morning.

Sometimes I felt selfish for feeling this way. His mother hasn't gotten to spend a lot of time with him in months and I knew she was loving having him back home. Plus in a few days we would be going on vacation and then soon after we get back we'll be leaving to go to college and I'd have him all to myself.

"Hey. You almost done," I heard from my door. I looked up to see Dylan leaned against the wall smiling at me.

"Yeah. I only have my last minute stuff left to pack. Like my make-up and bathroom stuff," I told him as I stood up to walk over to him.

"Good. I'm pretty much done. I have my bathroom stuff and then I'm good to go," he said as he reached out to bring me into his arms.

"I'm so ready to go. I just can't wait to actually get there," I said with a sigh as I put my head on his chest.

"I know what you mean. The love of my life with me in one of the greatest most beautiful places on earth," he said as he kissed the top of my head.

"It's going to be so much fun."

"As much as I'm looking forward to it, you know what I'm looking forward to more?" he asked.

"What?"

"When we start to move into our own place."

"Oh I know! I'm so excited. I've been looking for how I want to decorate everything," I said with a big grin.

"You're gonna go overboard. I can feel it," he said laughing at me.

"There's no such thing. This is going to be our home. I want it to be perfect for us," I explained.

"I know. But for me as long as me and you are together anywhere we call home will be perfect." He said with a small smile.

"You're absolutely perfect and I love you more than you can imagine," I told him very seriously. I saw his eyes widen slightly before he leaned down and caught me in a heated kiss. I guess he liked what I said.