Chapter 20

"A Lot Going On"

Hannah’s POV:

            I was stressed. It seemed like every day I had something else added to my list of things to do. I was starting to feel like I was never going to finish everything on time. I hadn’t spent any time with Dylan or my friends lately.

            I had to get everything ready for our road trip and then I had to start getting things ready for vacation after that. I’m having to study like crazy to keep my grades up. I had to worry about prom and graduation. It just seemed like it was never ending. Some days I just wanted to lay in my bed, pull the blankets over my head, and ignore everyone.

            I could tell that Dylan was starting to worry about me and I think he was sad that I couldn’t spend as much time with him now. It was crazy that I missed him and we lived in the same house.

            “You ok in there,” Dylan asked knocking on my bedroom door.

            “Yeah. Come in,” I said as I pushed my books away to stretch my legs out.

            “You’ve been in here for hours,” he said as he walked in and come over to sit next to me.

            “I have to study. Finals are coming up,” I said with a sigh as I put my head on his shoulder.

            “I think you need a break,” he said before he kissed me.

            “As soon as I make it through this I can take a break,” I said laughing.

            “Just don’t wear yourself out. It’s not healthy,” he said with a frown.

            “I know. It shouldn’t be too much longer before I can rest,” I said right before my phone started ringing. I leaned over and answered it.

            “Guess what,” Ally asked before I could even say hello.

            “What,” I said laughing at her.

            “I have a prom date,” she practically screamed at me.

            “Who,” I asked even though I pretty much already knew.

            “It’s kind of weird but it’s Jared.”

            “That’s not weird. I’m glad he finally got the guts to ask you,” I said as I grinned over at Dylan.

            “You knew he was going to ask me,” she asked sounding shocked.

            “Yeah. He told me a couple of weeks ago.”

            “So he actually likes me? This isn’t just a spur of the moment thing,” she asked seeming even more shocked than before.

            “He likes you. He likes you a lot.”

            “How did I not know that,” she asked.

            “You were stuck on Martin. And he hid it well. He wasn’t sure he wanted you to know,” I said as I leaned over and put my head on Dylan’s chest.

            “Why wouldn’t he want to tell me,” she asked sounding confused.

            “He didn’t know if you liked him or if you would go for him. The boys around here seem to think they aren’t good enough for us,” I said as I cut my eyes up to Dylan.