Chapter 5

"Arriving at School"

             I woke up and climbed out of the bed slowly. I was super tired but I had to drag myself to school. I grabbed my clothes and walked to the adjoining bathroom. I climbed in the shower and let the hot water beat down over me. After a few minutes I was a little more awake and I was able to finish my shower and climb out. I brushed my teeth and pulled my clothes on. Then I went to work on my hair. It wasn’t but a few minutes later that I heard knocking on the door.

            “What,” I called out.

            “I have to pee,” Dylan’s voice called back out to me.

            “I’m almost done,” I said as I brushed my hair up into a pony tail.

            “Please hurry. I don’t want to pee on your floor,” he said in a whiny voice.

            “Go to another bathroom,” I said with a laugh.

            “I don’t know where another one is,” he called back out.

            “I’m coming out now,” I said as I finished putting up my pony tail and walking out.

            “Thank you,” he said as he rushed by me to run in the bathroom.

            I shook my head and walked into my bedroom again. I pulled out my yellow converse to match my yellow shorts and pulled them on. Then I walked over to my mirror and grabbed my make-up bag to start working on my make-up. I was halfway done when I heard a noise behind me.

            “Why do you wear that stuff,” Dylan asked as he walked in my room.

            “It makes me look good,” I said with a shrug as I continued.

            “You look just as good without it,” he said as he came up behind me. I saw him looking over me in the mirror. And I felt my throat go dry. He was only wearing a pair of grey sweat pants that were slung low.

            “Thanks,” I said trying not to stutter. I looked away from him and back at myself. I finished with my make-up and turned around to go to my jewelry box.

            “Why do you get so dressed up for school,” he asked me.

            “I like to look nice,” I told him.

            “Hmm,” he said as he sat on my bed. I pulled on my bracelets and put a pair of yellow diamond studs in my ears.

            “What’s that hmm about,” I asked as I turned to look at him with my hands on my hips.

            “I just don’t think you should have to dress up this much,” he said as he stood and walked over to me.

            “I just want to look nice,” I said with a smile.

            “You look great all the time,” he said with a small frown.