Chapter 15

"Leaving"

Hannah’s POV:

        I woke up and stretched out. I felt really tired but I knew I needed to get out of the bed. When I rolled over I saw that it was already ten o’clock. I climbed out of the bed and walked out my door. I looked over and saw that Dylan’s door was open. I figured he must already be downstairs and I headed that way.

            When I reached the base of the stairs I heard a lot of noise and laughing. I walked towards the kitchen and saw all of my friends and my parents trying to cook. Dylan was at the stove and mom was trying to teach him how to flip pancakes. Ally and Wes were by the pancake batter and they had it all over them. Jared was sitting on the dining table just looking at everyone move around. Michael was trying to help my dad make the juice.

            “What’s going on,” I asked loudly.

            “Look at who woke up,” Dad said with a loud laugh.

            “I’m not cleaning this up,” I said as I walked further in the room.

            “The boys will clean,” mom said with a grin.

            “Who says,” Wes asked as he put his hands on his hips.

            “I do,” mom said sending him a wink.

            “This sucks. I wouldn’t have made such a mess if I would have known we would be cleaning it,” Michael grumbled.

            “What are you guys cooking,” I said as I walked in and moved over beside Dylan.

            “Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and sausage,” Dylan told me with a smile.

            “Sounds good to me,” I said as I moved away from him to go sit at the table.

            “So how long are you guys in town for,” Michael asked my dad.

            “Just until tonight,” dad said with a sad frown.

            “Where are you guys headed to this time,” I asked as Dylan brought me a piece of bacon.

            “Rome. The field office there needs some damage control,” mom told me.     

            “I love Rome,” I said with a sigh.

            “We’ll all go on vacation soon,” mom said with a smile.

            “Yay,” I said as I saw Dylan sit down beside me.

            “Can we have a sleepover tonight,” Ally asked.

            “Yes. That would be awesome. Everyone is invited,” I said really excited.

            “Even me,” Jared asked.

            “Yes. You’re our friend to,” I said as I rolled my eyes at him.