Chapter 18

"Party Time"

Hannah’s POV:

            I woke up Saturday morning with a smile on my face. We would be having Dylan’s party this afternoon. All the sneaking around and secrets were about to be worth it. I just had to get Dylan out of the house until two o’clock. I had planned to take him to the skating rink. We had talked about it a while back but we never got the chance to go.

            I climbed out of the bed and walked over to my closet to pick out an outfit. It would be cold in there so I got out a pair of jeans and a light gray sweater. Once I had them on I pulled on my leather knee high boots. They had to be flats because anything with a heel was hazardous to my health. I pulled my hair up into a sloppy bun and looked into the mirror. I wanted to put make-up on but I wanted to test myself. I wanted to see if I could go a whole day without worrying about what I looked like.

            With a sigh I walked out of my room and knocked on Dylan’s door. He didn’t say anything so I cracked the door and looked in. He was still asleep face-down on the bed. I walked over and sat down beside him. I almost didn’t want to wake him up. He looked so peaceful. But we had places to be.

            “Wake up,” I said as I shook him gently.

            “What,” he groaned as he rolled over on his back.

            “Get up,” I said with a laugh.

            “Why,” he asked with a smirk.

            “Because I have plans for us today,” I said before I leaned over to kiss him.

            “What kind of plans,” he asked as he sat up in the bed.

            “Date kind of plans,” I said with a grin.

            “I think I might be up for that,” he said as he grinned back at me.

            “Dress warm,” I said as I got up and walked out. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Right as I walked in my phone rang.

            “Hello,” I said as I sat on the stool.

            “Have you left yet,” Jared asked from the other end.

            “No. Dylan is getting dressed now. I’ll text you when we’re gone,” I told him.

            “Ok. I’m with Wes and Ally. As soon as you guys are gone we’ll start decorating. Have you told him happy birthday,” he asked.

            “No. Was I supposed to?”

            “No. He’ll think you forgot and that’ll make the surprise so much better,” he said excitedly.

            “Whatever you say. I’ll text you later,” I said before I hung up.

            “Who was that,” Dylan asked from behind me. It scared me so bad I almost hit the ceiling.