Chapter 30

"College Bound"

Dylan's POV:

The cars were packed and we were officially ready to go. The day had come for us to set out for the school. All I really cared about though was getting to our new apartment and walking across the threshold for the very first time. It was going to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life and I honestly couldn't wait.

I looked over at Hannah and just watched as she laughed and joked with our friends. This was the woman I would be spending the rest of my life with. The woman I would marry. The woman I would raise children with. Every time I thought about it, it brought a huge smile to my face.

"Come on Dylan. Stop standing around being lazy." Hannah said when her eyes connected with mine.

"Fine then." I said rolling my eyes playfully as I approached her.

"We're pretty much done anyway." Jared said throwing another bag into his truck.

"Good. I'm ready to be on the road." I said thinking about the long trip ahead of us.

"We're still all good with everyone staying at our place tonight and then going to your own tomorrow right?" Hannah asked.

"Yup." Ally said grabbing Jared's hand.

"I still can't believe you guys are going to have your own apartment. It still doesn't seem like we're old enough for that." Wes said laughing and shaking his head.

"Sometimes it does seem a little unreal but I'm ready for it." Hannah said grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. I looked down and my eye was immediately drawn to the ring on her finger that told everyone she was mine.

"Me to. It just the first major step of many to come." I said grinning at her.

"I swear if you guys ever break up my life will be over." Wes said staring at us seriously.

"As of right now I don't think we'll ever be breaking up." Hannah said laughing at him.

"Hell no. I'm not breaking up with you and I won't let you break up with me." I told her with a smirk.

"I'm not really sure about all of that but I don't think you could stop her." Jared said.

"I have some tricks up my sleeves." I said wiggling my eyebrows at them.

"Oh gross." Wes said making a face.

"Stop it." Hannah said laughing as she slapped at my chest.

"Just stating the truth," was all I replied.

"Let's finish this up and stop grossing out our friends." Hannah said as she pull away from me to grab some bags and put them in her car.

"Is there anything left in the house?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Come with me and we'll go get it." She said nodding towards the house. I nodded at her and we walked towards the house.

It was weird seeing it this way. Hannah had packed up all of her stuff from all around the house. Since she had lived her by herself most of her life most of the stuff was hers. She even took some of the pictures off of the wall. She wanted us to surround ourselves with pictures of our family and I liked the idea. I had taken a few pictures myself.