Chapter 14

"A Family Dinner"

Hannah’s POV:

            I was lying on my bed looking at the ceiling. I kept rethinking my day. I couldn’t believe that today hadn’t been a dream. I expected to wake up at any moment and feel disappointed. Everything seemed to be too good to be true.

            I had spent my whole day with Dylan. We just sat around and watched TV. And kissed. He held me beside him most of the time like he didn’t want me to get up. I mean, it’s not like I would have wanted to move anyway. I loved the way it felt when he held me. I loved the way he ran his hand up and down my arm in a comforting way. And I really loved the way he looked down at me and smiled.

            I finally told him I needed to get ready for tonight’s dinner. When I made it to my room I called Ally and Wes to come over. I had to tell them what happened. I was too excited to keep it to myself. I had been waiting for them for about ten minutes.

            “What happened,” Ally asked as her and Wes burst in my room.

            “What makes you think something happened,” I asked playing dumb.

            “I could tell how excited you were on the phone. Now tell me,” she said as she jumped on the bed with me. Wes shut the door and followed her lead.

            “Something happened between me and Dylan,” I said as I felt my lips stretch into a grin.

            “Oh my god! Tell me,” Ally said as she shook me.

            “Well my parents are here,” I started.

            “When did they get here,” Wes asked.

            “Who cares? Let her tell her story,” Ally said sending her twin a mean look.

            “They got in this morning. Well we were down stairs and I was talking to my dad. I saw my mom talking to Dylan but I really didn’t think anything of it. So a little while later they said they had to go to the office and they would take us to dinner tonight,” I continued on.

            “That’s nice,” Wes interrupted again.

            “I know. Well then Jared said that he would leave to let me and Dylan talk,” I said.

            “Why was Jared here,” Wes asked.

            “If you interrupt her again I’ll castrate you,” Ally practically growled.

            “I’m not sure why he was here. So anyway, he left and Dylan started to talk. Apparently my mom told Dylan that I’ve liked him for a long time,” I said.

            “No way! That’s embarrassing,” Ally gasped out.

            “It was. And he asked why I didn’t tell him and I went a little crazy. I went off on him saying basically how I didn’t think I could ever have him and that he was so great and he could have any girl he wanted. Mostly that I just didn’t think he could ever want me,” I said.