Forever yours

They say when you are in a blissful not even beautiful but blissful relationship, time flies without even any thoughts. Each step you take, along with your becomes your most cherished memories. The good, the bad, the worse, the great, everything becomes ten times more emotional with them by your side and that's what I felt, standing before the mirror, getting ready for the I have always dreamed but never thought would ever happen.

It's been two years since that fateful night, when I met Madeline once again in my life on that New year party. Two blissful years filled with joy, sadness, fights and lots of memories to treasure.

A lot of changes has happened since then. For one, we both bought a new house last year after selling the first one and moved in together immediately after with out even bothering about furnishing the house.

Even though the house was beautiful and the first property we bought together, it held too many painful memories for the both of us and it has our needs has outgrown the capacity of the house.

The new house is a beautiful one story house with two spare bedrooms, one master bedroom, an open plan kitchen. We converted one of the bedrooms into a playroom and since it was adjacent to the master bedroom far from the other one, we joined them both by attaching a door to commute. We did everything on our own, taking our own time to familiarise ourselves.

Even though we had this good news and many more to celebrate the last two years, we also had bad news or news's to be correct. My dog, Coco died soon after we shifted homes. Even though he was getting old, we never thought he would leave us so quickly.

This led me to spiral into an episode of depression that I was able to overcome with the help of my therapist friend. Yes, I started seeing a therapist, a beautiful woman, who actually helped me improve a lot and helped me see all my childhood problems and also helped me accept the fact that I wouldn't have able to do anything about my mother's death even though I thought other wise. But as they say, you have to let go of them and their memories for your own good and that's what I did. I let go of those memories, even though they were now bittersweet.

The happiest news is that Madeline has finally finished her fellowship and was now a full time practicing doctor on her own. Even though her grandmother gave her a deadline to join the board of directors, Madeline's mother was successfully able to stop her saying her husband will join her in his daughter's stead.

Even after completing her fellowship and starting her career as an attendant, Madeline felt like being in the board will be too much of responsibilities for her age. So, no board of directors for atleast five years. We wanted to enjoy our relationship more without responsibilities, that is not considering the doctor positions we each had.

As the past two years came to my mind in flashes, my eyes went to my ring finger where a beautiful platinum ring rested.
The metal of the ring on my finger glinted as the rays of light feel on it, making it glow and like always, my eyes never failed to turn misty when ever I remembered the day I got them on my finger. The fact that we are together even after what we went through never failed to amaze me. But seeing my ring finger gave me hope that if you are ready to take risks and put your heart in line and your faith on that person who's worth it, you will always end up being happy in the end. And I will get my own happiness today.

Knowing that I wasn't one for extravagance and drama, she took me to the place we had our first date. Long before our breakup, we used to go on small dates. Mostly different restaurants and hiking spots and Mama Nora's was the first place we visited after we made our relationship official. After a long drive,

A lot of memories came to surface and so did a lot of tears when Mama Nora bought the menu which we ordered on our first date.
And that’s what led to this.