Discussions

It's been four days since our sex after shower that morning when I accidently called Madeline Mistress and she told me that we would have a talk later that evening. A talk that we are yet to have since I, being my paranoid self, has been postponing the talk by giving excuses whenever I felt like she was about to bring the subject up and being more careful to not let it slip out whenever we had sex.

And now after all my excuses are over, here I was, standing in front of her after both our shifts are over and guess what? She doesn't even bother to ask me anything, instead pulled me to her in a tight hug that left me breathless for a moment as my eyes scanned the parking lot for anyone we know.

When she finally pulled back, her lips were stretched in a warm smile and her eyes were tired from the amount of work she had over the weekend and at that moment I felt bad remembering how bad weekends during residency can be, swamped with work, without even having time to rest your tired legs. The fact that she is a resident sometimes made me think it was a bad idea to start a relationship now, when she doesn't even have time to rest but whenever I bought the fact up, she made me shut up with yet another reason about how it's now or never and the fact that how life is too short to wait and doesn't fail to remember the fact that when we were in a relationship before everything went to shit, I was doing my final year of fellowship, swamped with workload and that shut me up real quick.

We both entered my car since I was the one dropped her off and she caressed my cheek and reminded the fact that she will be fine after she sleeps for some time and sleep, that she did, right after I reversed out of the parking lot, her eyes closed and she went to sleep.

*****

My fingers played with the pendent or the collar in our lifestyle as I contemplated whether to wake Lin up to go inside or to let her sleep and as if she heard me call her name, she groaned, opening her eyes and stretched out like a cat and looked around.

We both got off the car and went inside, me to the kitchen while Lin went to sleep on the couch which gave me plenty of time to make something to eat and shower.

******

The warm water cascading down the shower like a rainfall made me moan as my sore joints pulsed in a good way after being in the same position appointment after appointment and an hour of standing in the kitchen, preparing creamy Tuscan chicken, a good egg salad and some nice garlic bread since I didn't know how to make Italian bread and lemon tea which was resting in the fridge.

Lin was still sleeping. Even the aroma of all the spices didn't wake her up from her slumber and it's been just three hours since she started sleeping. I just hope she wakes up in time for eating since it was already way past ten in the night and I didn't want her to eat any time later than this.

I was so into my thoughts that I forgot the fact that the water will turn cold in a few minutes and the cold water drenching my whole body, bought me out of my reverie of thoughts and that's when I noticed an amused Lin standing outside the shower stall with a towel in her hands which I immediately ran into and she wrapped the towel tightly around my body and ran her fingers through my wet hair murmuring about being hungry and lifted me off the floor and carried me to our room where she proceeded to dress me up in a sheer see through white baby doll lingerie and a matching G-string while I lay flopped on the bed letting her do her own thing, a quick shower and a pair of comfy shorts and a tank top.

I gasped. "How discriminating?!" and she chuckled, carrying me downstairs where our food was waiting, served in two separate places and sat me on my seat, taking the seat opposite mine.

"While I like comfy shorts and tank tops you are the one who said you are comfortable with these kinds of clothes." She winked reminding me of our conversation when we first started living together in this house.