The Curse

FrostedSnout heaved himself onto the clan rock with a grunt, QuillStar would wake up soon, right? He tried to convince himself that she would recover, unsuccessfully. QuillStar had gone to sleep the previous night, and hadn't woken yet, SwanFeather assured him she would wake up soon, but until then, he would have to run the clan.

"Let all cats gather around for some important news." He yowled, glancing around as faces of confusion and hostility welcomed him as he sat on the rock.

"QuillStar has fell into a coma, SwanFeather assured me she would awaken soon, but until then, i must take the spot as leader, while still continuing my deputy duties." Several concerned looks and murmurs spread across the camp, perhaps suggesting that he had something to do with this? He shook the thought out of his head. QuillStar had been one of the few that accepted him in the clan, after he joined moons ago.

He was a previous warrior of SnowClan, but left after being accused of many things that he had not the time to think of. Sure, he bent the truth at times there, but he was sure he could change himself as deputy of QuillClan.

"When will she wake up?" He heard someone yowl out, with multiple questions after.

"I don't know." FrostedSnout admitted with a sigh. "Clan dismissed." He yowled out, many cats followed him for patrols.

"Not now, we need everyone at camp." He said as cats were about to ask about them. They nodded and trotted off.

FrostedSnout walked into the medicine den, watching as SwanFeather sorted through herbs. He noticed QuillStar laying unconscious in a nest and sighed, hoping she would wake soon. "SwanFeather, anything new?" He asked.

"Nothing." She replied worriedly.

He growled. "Im not ready to take her place just yet." And SwanFeather nodded slowly.

"I understand." She said, not turning to face him. He realized that the medicine cat might not even trust him. Breathing in a sigh he stormed out of the den, shaking out his fur in frustration.

HorseTail rushed past him, breathing hard. He glanced back as the warrior rushed into the medicine den, talking in a low voice. "My eyes just turned grey! I was looking in a pool of water..." he couldn't hear the rest but knew that something was going on

DoeEar had similar symptoms before her death, QuillStar had been devastated. Was Horsetail suffering the same sickness... or curse?