Waking Up

QuillStar shuttered, slowly opening her eyes. The scent of bitter herbs surrounding her. Instantly a wave of nausea came over her as she tried to sit up, she layed back down again. What happened? She wondered, glancing around.

She recognized that she was in the medicine den, the scent of many cats inside. She shook when she stood up, uneasily standing. She pressed her body on the side of the wall for balance. Another wave of nausea came over her. She stood there for a moment, finally taking a step forward on shaky paws. She recognized a few scents, SwanFeather as one of them, HorseTail, TurtleDusk, a queen, flowerStep, and WaterPaw.

She stepped into the main den, so much was happening, she missed a lot, she realized with a jolt. The scent of sickness and death overwhelmed her. SwanFeathers head drifted to her, looking back to her current patient before noticing that the shecat was awake now.
"Oh your awake!" SwanFeather exclaimed, walking over to her.

QuillStar only nodded, feeling dizzy and exhausted. SwanFeather rushed her into the nest she was in before. "You were in a coma for nearly half a moon!" The medicine cat cried.

QuillStar froze. "What?" She asked, bewildered by the news. "Half a moon?!" QuillStar gazed down at her paws.

SwanFeather nodded slowly. QuillStar looked up, the medicine cat was exhausted, her eyes dropped and were red, she clearly hadn't gotten enough sleep for a while. QuillStar shook her head. "Where is FrostedSnout?" She asked, standing shakily to her paws.

"You sit, I'll send someone to get him for you." SwanFeather said, walking out of the side den with a few paw steps.

QuillStar waited, tapping her paw on the nest as she thought about her "dream."

Was it a dream, or was it real? It didn't make sense. BatClaw was dead, Starclan would never accept the warrior. Never. Or at least she hoped so.

ShadowTails evil mischievous grin flew to her mind and she shivered. Who was he? Why did she feel as if she recognized the dark haired Tom? Nothing made sense anymore, was she loosing her mind?

Interrupting her thoughts, FrostedSnout stepped in, staring down at her with a mixture of emotions. "Oh your awake!" He said, sitting down in front of her.

"Some thought you were dead!" He spoke as if he had once believed it himself. That she wouldn't ever wake up, that QuillClans leader would stay asleep forever, her nine lives slowly drifting away as she slept.

"No, I'm alive." She assured him. "I assume you took care of the clan?" She asked, already knowing the answer before the Tom shook his head in a nod.

"Some wouldn't listen—" he stopped himself as if he didn't want those who didn't listen to be punished.

"No, no, continue." She urged.

He nodded. "Some said I was faking it, that I had killed you just to become leader, I would never do that! Never!"
His voice rose as he became more frustrated. "SwanFeather wouldn't let anyone see you, they thought she was in on it, they thought we had killed you and kept it a secret." His voice grew quieter as if he couldn't believe himself for saying all of that.

"Wow..." She was speechless, she air around them grew cold. She scented FrostedSnouts fury and shuttered. "Who?" She asked.

"RoseClaw and BlackDove..." He said quietly. QuillStar nodded. Thinking for a moment.

"Oh, and QuillStar? SwanFeather identified the illness, if you Remember." He said, and QuillStar lifted her head to listen. "She said that she had a dream, StarClan explained that they wanted our clan to suffer. But it didn't seem like starclan at all, the trees were all dark and everything she said that it was so dark there she could barely see a mousetail in front of her."

QuillStar sat there, shocked. "Really?" She asked, her paws growing stiff.

FrostedSnout nodded, pinning his ears. "She also saw BatClaw."