An unexpected visit

A loud cough escaped from him with a shudder, FrostedSnout had been growing no better, even despite PebbleSteps reassurance.
During his time in the medicine den he had wondered why he had been infected with what PebbleStep said was a curse, surely he hadn't done anything to deserve this?

Should I tell QuillStar, or maybe SwanFeather? These thoughts had overwhelmed him as he lay in his nest, bitter with the scent of herbs and sickness. Flowerstep had grown no better either, she seemed to get worse by the minute, surely she wouldn't live to much longer, he hoped, her suffering seemed unbearable.

Cariboupaw had come in earlier to deliver water in soaking wet moss balls, which he appreciated. He had no idea SwanFeather had been wanting an apprentice, and she had told nobody of her choice.

FrostedSnout had been in thre medicine den for nearly half a moon, Flowerstep had been sick for much less time. What did Flowerstep do to deserve the curse? Was PebbleStep wrong?

The thought was whisked away as he felt a shiver run through him. His fur lifted as he glanced around, hearing a small chuckle. "You're as weak as a kit in leafbare!" It hissed in his ear, a slight shimmer of black and grey fur was barely visible.

"Who's there?" He snapped, lifting his chin with weak authority, another cough escaping him.

"Keep your fur flat, I won't bite... yet." The voice mocked his cough, FrostedSnout could make out a wicked grin in the shadows of the den.

"Who are you?" His eyes scanned the den again as the figure seemed vanished into the shadows. His fur bristled as he felt breath touch his fur.

"I'm disappointed that you've forgotten me already, FrostedSnout." In the shadows of the den, the figure shimmered into view. His breath caught in his throat as he recognized his former clan mate.

"BatClaw, why are you here?" He hissed,
"How are you here?" He stood uneasily to his paws. The shecat was standing with her head held high, new and old scars painted her sides.

"Am I not allowed to pay a visit to a former clan mate?" She asked, sarcasm lingering in her meow. With a shake of her head, she stepped forward until she was less than a mouse-tail's length from his nose. She grinned before stepping back. "Fine then." She meowed after FrostedSnout gave no reply except for a look of pure hatred.

FrostedSnout noticed a small glimmer on her pelt, his fur arose as he noticed he could see through her. "You're dreaming." She whispered in his ear suddenly, making him flinch.

"I am?" He asked, he didn't feel as if he were asleep.

"You're oblivious," BatClaws voice echoed off of the den walls, "Have you been wondering what is happening to you? Have you forgotten so easily what you did to me?" Her voice seemed to have venom in it, her transparent shape was barely visible among the dark shadows of the den.

"BatClaw, I've apologized countless times! Why make me suffer like this?" He snarled twisting around as he heard BatClaws paw steps around the den.

"You are the reason my kit is dead!" She screeched, Greif lingering in her voice. "You could've saved her, but you didn't! You let her die!" FrostedSnout remembered the horrible night, rouges had invaded the camp, starved to insanity. They managed to get into the nursery, BatClaw was put fighting a large tabby Tom when it happened. FrostedSnout was too late to get into the nursery, one moment too late. He chased out the rouge who had gotten in, only to see BatClaws kit lying dead, its poor neck twisted at an awful angle.

"I'm sorry." FrostedSnout choked out as he erupted into another coughing fit. He looked down and saw blood. "Please-" he managed, BatClaw only stared, a wicked grin in her eyes as she turned and stalked off. Leaving FrostedSnout to remember the dreaded moment.