tre

As soon as their wedding ceremony ended at the end of the night, they had no choice but to go home to the condo their parents had purchased.

What really happened is that their parents sent their luggage full of stuff to the condominium so that they could live there at will.

"Sa couch na lang ako para makatulog ka nang maayos sa kama," Greggy broke the silence. Kanina pa tahimik si Irene mula nang makaalis sila sa reception.

Frustration is very visible on her face. Staying with Greggy in a room and the same bed is not part of what she and her parents agreed.

"No. It's fine. Alam kong hindi ka sanay, I can sleep naman sa couch." she replied with no emotions.

Inaayos niya ang kaniyang maleta upang makaligo na at makapagpahinga. It has been a long day for the both of them.

"It's okay. Sa baba na lang ako--" hindi na natuloy ni Greggy ang sasabihin niya nang maglakad papasok sa banyo si Irene, leaving him behind.

Napabuntong hininga na lamang siya. He scanned the whole room and it was quite big for them. King-size bed, big couch,  vanity table for Irene, and an extra table, wide walk-in closet, huge window, and a balcony.

"Ang hirap pa naman kausap nitong kasama ko..." bulong niya sa sarili.

He pulled his luggage and fixed his clothes inside the closet. And as soon as he finished, Irene went out of the bathroom just in time.

Tahimik lang siya at bahid pa rin sa mukha ang pagkadismaya. Iniisip niya ngayon paano nila gagawan ng paraan ang lahat nang ito.

Greggy entered the bathroom and Irene sat on the bed first. She took her phone and texted Miguel.

To: Miguel

Guess what? We only have one room and one bed. Migs, anong gagawin ko rito? I'm so uncomfortable!

She sighed as she sent the message. She roamed her eyes inside the room and thinking what and how could they solve their problem.

Irene felt her phone vibrate. She saw Miguel's text message.

From: Miguel

Do you want me to pick you up? I can already see your dismayed face. Hahaha!

She rolled her eyes as her forehead creased. "Walang hiya. Asasarin pa ako," bulong niya.

To: Miguel

No need! I can handle this and please, stop teasing me. Hindi ako natutuwa sa'yo.

Inis niyang binaba ang kanyang cellphone sa side table at sakto naman na lumabas na si Greggy at katatapos lang maligo.

"Pwede naman akong humiga sa couch, Irene... Bili na lang tayo ng isa pang kama bukas," saad ni Greggy habang hinahaplos ang batok at hinihintay ang sagot ni Irene.

She stood up and took all the pillows from the couch and threw them on the bed. Whilst Greggy is just watching her. "The bed is bed enough for two... Hindi naman ako malikot matulog. Let's just put pillows in between," walang emosyon na sabi ni Irene.

Tipid na ngumiti si Greggy at hindi na sumagot dahil baka lalo pang uminit ang ulo ni Irene.

While they are fixing the pillows on the bed, Irene's phone rang then she quickly looked at it. It was Miguel who's calling.

She excused herself and went to the balcony. Nang matapos niyang ayusin ang mga unan ay agad siyang humiga at tiningnan ang kaniyang cellphone.

Mula pa kasi kaninang umaga ay hindi siya nakakatanggap ng kahit anong text message galing kay Isabelle. He knew in himself that he has to make up for his girlfriend.