otto

Everyone in the Marcos Empire is hectic, including Irene, who checks and double-checks the paperwork before signing.

Meanwhile, her father is expecting a visitor that she is unaware of. Ferdinand is in the conference room with Imelda, who is in a conversation with her husband.

Minutes passed, and his secretary knocked on the door and said that their guest had arrived. Ferdinand nodded and signaled his secretary to let the visitor in.

May mawalak na ngiti sa kanilang mga labi na tinanggap ang kanilang bisita. "Good afternoon, Mr. Marcos... I am happy to be here in the Philippines and visit your company." he extended his arm for a handshake.

Ferdinand smiled and accepted it. "Thank you for taking the time to visit, Mr. Adam Smith..." bahagya siyang umatras upang maipakilala rin ang kaniyang asawa. "Meet my wife, Imelda."

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Marcos. It's nice to meet you," nakangiting sabi ni Adam at bumati pabalik si Imelda.

Inalok ni Ferdinand na maupo muna sila upang mapag-usapan nila ang mga bagay tungkol sa pagdating ni Adam at ang pangunahing dahilan nito.

At nang matapos nilang pag-usapan ang lahat, they went out of the conference room for Adam to look at the floor building near Irene's office.

"You have a good-looking company building, Mr. Marcos. Cozy and so neat..." puri ni Adam. Napangiti naman si Ferdinand at sinulyapan ang kaniyang asawa.

"Because she is skilled at organizing things and comprehends how to organize things, my daughter is one of those who designed and remodeled the interior." Imelda proudly said while looking all over the floor.

"Let me guess, Mrs. Marcos... Is she Irene Marcos?"

"Araneta... Irene Marcos-Araneta." Ferdinand said as he looked at Adam who was also grinning widely when he found out that his suspicion was correct.

"Would you be able to please give me a tour of your company?" Adam asked.

Imelda and Ferdinand looked at each other and he cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, Mr. Adam. Because I don't have any other time to tour you in our company. I have many meetings scheduled..." Ferdinand said apologetically.

Marahang tumango si Adam at sinabi, "If it's okay to request that Irene take the tour with me if she's not busy with work..."

Irene, on the other hand just finished signing some of her paperwork when she received a call from her father's secretary.

"Good afternoon, Miss Irene... Busy po ba kayo?" Nagtaka siya dahil hindi naman tatawag ang sekretarya nang walang dahilan.

"Not that much... Why? Dad needs something?" Irene asked. "Pinapatawag po kayo ni Sir. Nasa conference room po sila ni Ma'am Imelda,"

After the call, agad na gumayak si Irene upang makapunta sa conference room kung saan naghihintay ang kaniyang mga magulang.

She didn't expect that when she opened the door she would see her parents talking to Adam. One of the ones her husband is jealous of.

Agad siyang ngumiti nang lapitan siya ni Adam. She extended her hand for a handshake but Adam initiated a cheek-kiss that made her parents' eyes widen.

"It's been a while, Miss Marcos..."

Irene smiled and glanced at her father before speaking. "Uh- Mrs. Araneta... I'm... married," umatras siya nang kaunti. "It's nice to see you again, Mr. Smith." she smiled.

Just by looking, she asked her mother what Adam was doing around. "Mr. Adam Smith is one of our new investors, anak... He and his company are interested in partnering with ours." Imelda said.