tredici

Days have come by since Irene and Emma's first meeting. Greggy still doesn't have any idea that his wife met his mother. He is still oblivious to the fact that Irene has been meeting his mother behind his back without his knowledge.

They both were busy at work, halos hindi na nga sila nag-aabot sa bahay nila. Whenever Greggy's off work, he usually spends his time with Isabelle. While, Irene just stays home or meets up with her friends.

"Baka hindi ako makauwi dito mamaya, just lock the doors." sabi ni Greggy habang inaayos ang necktie niya. It's early in the morning and he's bound to go to the company.

Irene was still laying down on her bed while scrolling on her phone, she took a day off today. "Hmm'kay. Baka lumabas rin ako mamaya, but I am still not sure though."

Greggy just hummed as an answer, took his bag, and said, "Gotta go now, bye."

"Bye." sabi ni Irene at sinulyapan si Greggy bago nito isara ang pintuan ng bedroom nila.

As Greggy went to work, Irene took her time to rest and organize their penthouse. Natulog muna siya ng ilang oras at gumising muli para magluto ng pananghalian niya. After eating her lunch, she cleaned their penthouse.

From the dishes, laundry, organizing certain things, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming and so many other things. She re-did the set-up of their living room. The only space that she didn't touch is Greggy's working area.

After she almost refurnished their place, she suddenly received a message from her mother-in-law.

From: Mama Emma (MIL)

Irene, can you please call me?

She immediately did what Emma told her.

"Ma? Anything wrong po?" bungad niya.

["I actually need your help, there's this bomb threat in the hotel that I moved to. I'm not in Conrad anymore."] nagulat si Irene nang marinig iyon galing sa biyenan niya.

"Oh gosh. Ma, are you okay? Are you safe?" puno ng pag-aalala niyang sagot.

["The authorities are still checking the place. Hindi ko kasi matawagan sila Elvira at Patricia, they're abroad, that's why I called you instead. Do you perhaps know a place where I could spend the night?"]

"Send me the location of where you're at, Ma. I'm coming over."

["Okay, dear, thank you very much."]

After the call ended, naligo muna siya at nagbihis para puntahan ang biyenan niya. Irene thought of letting Emma stay for the night since hindi naman uuwi si Greggy. She spotted Emma outside of the said hotel, pinasakay niya ito sa sasakyan niya.

"You're a savior, Irene."

Irene started driving back home, "Always here to help, Ma. Doon ka muna magpalipas ng gabi sa penthouse namin ni Greggy—"

"Irene, magagalit si Greggy, does he know?"

Nilingon niya saglit ang biyenan niya at umiling, "Hindi po siya uuwi ngayong gabi kaya ayos lang po."

"Why isn't he coming home tonight?" nagtatakang tanong ni Emma.

Irene was caught off guard and still managed to make an excuse, "Madaming gawain po sa office 'e," she smiled.

Tumango na lamang si Emma at wala nang ibang sinabi pa. They arrived at the parking lot of the building, they walked together to the elevator to go up to their penthouse.

"Thank goodness I cleaned up," Irene thought in her mind while they were in the elevator.

Bigla namang nagtanong si Emma, "Kayo ba ang bumili nitong tinitirhan niyo, hija?"