cinque

A couple of months after they got married, both the Marcoses and Aranetas arranged a dinner for their joint family. The Marcos-Araneta couple was the most expected to come. It will be held at the Araneta residence where Don Luis resides.

"Putting on a show again tonight, huh?" panunuya ni Irene habang inaayos ang buhok para sa kanilang hapunan ngayong gabi.

Greggy glanced at his wife while fixing his sleeves, putting on a cufflink that was given by his grandfather. "I know. Da-drama na naman tayo."

Napailing-iling si Irene at ngumisi. She sprayed perfume all over her body and looked at the full sized mirror for the last time. She's ready to go.

"Shall we?" tanong ni Greggy. Irene simply nodded.

They left their penthouse shortly and went to the mansion of the Aranetas. This will be Irene's first time to visit where Greggy grew up and spent the most of his childhood.

"So, kung saan tayo magdi-dinner ay kung saan ka lumaki?" tanong ni Irene habang nasa sasakyan.

Greggy sighed and nodded. "Yes."

"Any memorable experience from your mansion? I'm sure you had many. Nagtatakbo ka siguro sa loob ng bahay niyo dahil sa laki ng mansyon niyo." Irene assumed at bahagyang natawa pa.

Umiling si Greggy at sinabing, "Not really. All I could remember from that house is the endless fights of my parents. And also, the study time I had with my sisters. We weren't allowed to fool around inside our house, there were always guests. We were trained to be used to socializing."

Irene was surprised to hear that. Sa tuwing titignan mo si Greggy, alam mo na agad na pilyo at puro gala lang ang inaatupag. She also assumed that he wasn't serious about his studies.

"Does Don Luis still live there?" tanong ni Irene.

Nagkibit-balikat si Greggy at sinulyapan ng saglit si Irene bago ituon muli ang mata sa kalsada. "I'm not sure. But I know he goes there from time to time. Mukhang sa bagong bahay na ata siya nakatira. I don't know. I left the house after my first year in college. I lived on my own."

"How about your mom? If you don't mind me asking. Hindi ko kasi siya nakita nung wedding..."

Greggy cleared his throat. "I left the house when she moved to the States. May ibang pamilya na siya. My groomsmen Jorge and Francisco are both my brothers from her second family. She couldn't come during the wedding cause her husband is sick, kaya 'yung dalawa lang ang nakapunta."Irene just nodded.

Naramdaman na niya na hindi na kumportable si Greggy habang pinag-uusapan nila ang tungkol sa kanyang ina. Seryoso itong nagmamaneho. Irene took her phone from her bag when it vibrated, a sign that there was a message.

From: Aimee

Are you on the way here? Nandito na kami.

Hindi napigilan ni Irene na tumili. Greggy got startled upon seeing his wife's sudden movements."Why? What happened?" naguguluhang tanong ni Greggy kay Irene.

Irene was smiling from ear to ear while replying to Aimee.

To: Aimee

YOU'RE BACK HOME????!?!!! OH MY GOD!!! WE'RE ON OUR WAY, DOLL!!!!

"My baby sister is home!" sobrang saya na sabi ni Irene. "Nandoon na raw sila."

"Didn't you see her at the wedding?" nagtatakang tanong ni Greggy.

Tumikhim si Irene at umayos ng upo. "Yeah. But I still get excited whenever she's home knowing that she doesn't really like it. She's like my baby, my baby girl."