8-Nowaki

I went up to the roof every day to eat lunch with Kida after that. Though it had only been about three weeks, we did grow closer. He wasn't so nervous to talk to me, and I found out a lot about him. Silly things like his favorite color, his birthday...things like that. Today, when I entered the roof area, Kida had two bags next to him. When I sat down he handed me one.

"What's this?" I asked as he placed it in my hands.

"I made you a lunch. I figured you might need something more to eat because you said you had a fitness test in P.E. today." He said. I smiled.

"I usually bring lunch on fitness test days. Thank you though." I chuckled. He looked sort of disappointed. "Don't be upset. I'll still eat it."

"If I had known you made your own I would have saved myself ten minutes." He shook his head and took another bite of his sandwhich. I laughed and opened my backpack. I dug around and saw no sign of the lunch I made. I put it down and glanced at Kida.

"...I left my lunch at home." I shook my head at myself then picked up the lunch Kida brought me. "You're a life saver."

"Hardly..." He muttered, staring at his sandwich. Though it was true Kida wasn't so uncomfortable around me anymore, he was still...unhappy, I guess you say. The darkness that swam in his eyes hadn't lifted. Yet, I kept telling myself. I would find some way to brighten his life...

"Hey Kida," I said as I unwrapped the sandwhich. "We should do something this weekend."

He nearly choked on his food. I watched as pink blossomed across his cheeks. It was sort of cute how much he blushed. He looked at me nervously.

"L-like what?" He asked. I laughed at his nervous stutter.

"Are you ok?" I asked, looking him up and down. He blushed harder.

"Yeah." He turned his head away from me. "It's just that...I've never been asked to go anywhere before so...i-it's kind of odd for me." He laughed nervously and looked down at his sandwich.

"Hmm...why don't we go swimming?" I suggested. An odd look spread across his face and he looked down.

"I can't really...take my jacket off." He said quietly. I smiled and turned my body towards him so that I was facing him, cross legged.

"We'll go to the creek. I know a completely secluded area we can swim at. Nobody else knows about it. It's actually really pretty, too." I smiled at him. He glanced at me.

"Nobody else knows?" He sounded doubtful, but I nodded to reassure him.

"Nobody but me. I takes a little hiking to get there, but once we make it, it'll just be you and me." The last part made him blush harder. I held back a laugh as he took another bite out if his sandwich, thinking about it.

"...Well..." He said after a moment. "Alright." He sounded unsure, but I didn't mind. At least he agreed to go with me. We finished our food and spent the rest of our time talking about what we'd need to bring for the swimming trip.

"I'll pick up some tea for us to drink." I said writing it down on our list.

"...This'll be fun..." He said it as if he were in some sort of daze. Like he was imagining it in his head. I smiled and nodded.

"Yep. Now remember, bring sunscreen, ok?" I said. He nodded as the bell rang. We agreed to finish our list the next day and headed back to class.