10-Nowaki

I watched as Kida dunked his head under the water, and came back up. He looked content in that moment he had his eyes closed. When they opened again, he looked at me. I motioned for him to come into the deeper water as I swam a little further. He looked sort of hesitant, but swam over anyways. I could barely touch the bottom. Kida wasn't able to touch anymore.

"You got it?" I asked him. He nodded and continued to swim around in the deeper end. I watched him as I swam around with him.

"How long a ago did you find this place?" He said. I thought about it for a moment.

"Probably a couple years ago...Maybe three..." I couldn't be exactly sure, but I figured that it was pretty close to that. He nodded.

"I like it here." He looked around. I nodded. Suddenly, an idea came to me.

"Want to play a game?" I asked. He looked at me weirdly.

"What kind of games can you play in the water?"

"Well...there's Marco Polo, Sharks and Minnows...that kind of stuff." I said. He tilted his head a little.

"Don't those games take more than two people?" He said. I nodded, then said,

"There's some other ones too. Like the color game."

"How do you play?" He asked. I began to swim to a shallower part. I stopped when the water was a couple inches above my waist.

"Come here." I told him. He swam over to me and stood in front of me. I swept him right off of his feet and held him bridal style in the water. The look of shock on his face was immense and I struggled to hold back a laugh.

"Uhh...what am I supposed to...do?" He was blushing pretty badly, which I found really cute.

"Well, I'm going to think of a color, and you are going to try to guess it. Every time you get it wrong, I tip you back and dunk you." I explained. He nodded, though the look on his face made it obvious he didn't think this game sounded very fun.

"And what happens when I get it right?" He questioned. I smiled.

"Then I flip you over completely. That's the fun part." I winked at him.

"Oh...ok. I'm ready, I guess." He brought his hand up to his nose and plugged it. "Don't go too hard on me...I've never played this, so don't pick something like aquamarine or sea foam green, ok?" I laughed at his comment.

"Alright." I picked the the color red and said, "Begin."

"...Green?" He guessed. I dunked him once. He wiped the water from his eyes and thought for a second. "Purple...?" He went under again.

"Nope. Keep guessing." I smiled. He looked around and finally up at the sky.

"Blue?" He tried. I shook my head and dunked him for the third time. He swished his hair around and sighed.

"This is a hard game..." He muttered. I laughed and waited for his next guess. After a moment, he said, "how about red?" I smiled and flipped him over backwards, then backed up a little so he'd have room to stand up. He came up out of the water and wiped off of his face. That's when I realized he was making an expression I had never seen on his face. It was almost foreign for a moment.

He was smiling.

"That was fun." He laughed softly, and kept smiling at me. I stared at his face, shocked by how much more attractive he was when he smiled. He had a very nice smile...but maybe I just thought that because he had never smiled before. I went a whole month knowing him, yet never seeing his smile. Now, he was actually doing it.

"Kida..." I said as I moved a little closer.

"What?" He was still smiling. I wanted to take a picture of this moment so that I could see it over and over. Unfortunately, instead of going on shore and getting my phone so I could just take a picture, my body moved on its own and I reached out and pulled him closer to me. He looked a little surprised, but I couldn't stop my self from doing what I did next.

I leaned down and pressed my lips against his.