18-Nowaki

Kida lay across the couch, staring at the T.V. while I sat in the chair next to him. He looked tired. I wasn't really paying attention to the television, so I wasn't sure if what Kida was watching was even interesting. I had just turned the T.V. on because I was bored and wanted something besides the silence that stirred the air around us.

I kept unconsciously sneaking glances at him. His dark hair fell around his face softly and his eyes, though they kept closing despite the fact that it was only 6:32pm, were a beautiful blue. I realized suddenly that Kida had opened his eyes again and was looking back at me. I blinked, keeping my eyes locked on his. If I looked away, I knew I'd blush.

"Do you want to play a board game?" I suggested. He sat up and shook off the sleepiness.

"What games do you have?" He stifled a yawn.

"I know we have Life...Checkers, Monopoly...probably some others. Come with me and you can pick one. They're in my closet." He followed me up the stairs into my room and I opened the doors to my closet revealing the neatly stacked board games. there was a lot more than I thought there was.

"Gosh...there's a lot..." He sounded as shocked as I felt. I laughed and nodded, looking at them.

"Well, go ahead and pick one." I smiled at him. He blushed a little and turned towards the games, stepping a bit closer to view each one. He looked for a moment, then finally chose Life.

"Do you like Life?" He said as he handed it to me. I nodded.

"It's actually a personal favorite of mine." I winked at him and he smiled a little. He was so adorable.

We set up the game on my bedroom floor and put all the buildings and ramps in the right places. Kida chose the little white car and a little blue person to put in the car. I chose the red car and put it next to his on the "Start College" box. The "Start Job" box remained empty. I pulled out the dice after setting up the cards and the money box at the edge of the game board.

"Are we going to shake to see who goes first?" He asked as he examined the game board.

"I was just going to let you go first." I laughed and stretched out my arm to hand him the dice. As he reached over to take them from my hands, I noticed I could see his skin. He had taken his jacket off. He had taken it off without me having to assure him it was alright. I felt happy that he was comfortable doing that around me. I glanced at his wrists quickly. They certainly weren't as bad as they had been about a week ago. There was some newer cuts here and there, but he hadn't done any terrible damage. I dropped the dice in his hands and he stared at me.

"Did you hear me, Nowaki?" He asked. I hadn't even realized he said something at all.

"What? What did you say?" I looked at him, listening this time.

"I said, that wouldn't be fair. We're going to roll, okay?" He cocked his head, waiting for a response. I shrugged and lifted my hands.

"If that's what you want to do." I replied. We rolled and Kida won with a four, whereas I got a two. We started the game and eventually both got jobs. Kida had a job as a teacher and I had the salesman job. Kida spun the spinner and moved forward.

"Get Married." Kida read the space his little white car landed on. He reached over to the piles of people I had made. The females were in one pile, and the males were in another. He grabbed one from the male pile, and placed it in the little car next to his first person. I smiled. Even in a game, he was honest about his sexuality.

"Congrats. Who is the lucky person who got to marry you?" I asked out of curiosity. Kida blushed and muttered something. I leaned in and laughed.

"What did you say?" I asked, listening harder.

"...It's you..." He said it so quietly I almost couldn't hear it.

"Me?" I replied. He nodded, keeping his eyes on the board. It was me? I couldn't believe how...how incredible Kida was sometimes. Why was this simple little thing making me so happy? It was just a game...but still. Me?

I pushed all of the game stuff out of my way, scattering the pieces across the floor. Our little cars skidded across the ground, losing their spots on the board, and the money slid away from their neat piles. I didn't care though.

Kida was on the ground now, and I was over him, kissing him harder than I probably ever had before. It was just too difficult to not attack him like this. He was too open...to vulnerable. He was just innocent, and I wanted to make sure that I was the first and only person to get to see that innocence.

I couldn't stop my hands from moving down to his back and sliding under his shirt. He turned his face away from me as his cheeks burned a bright red.

"Kida." I said. There was a soft knock at the door and we both panicked. I got off of him and he ran into the bathroom that was attached to my room. My Mom stuck her head in and said,

"Dinner is ready, boys."