15-Kida

Nowaki hadn't come up to the roof yet, so I started getting out my lunch. Ugh...my wrists hurt. I regretted it. It was so painful...and if Nowaki saw, he'd probably be disappointed. I sighed as I unwrapped my sandwich.

For some reason, I didn't feel good. I didn't feel sick...I was just upset. I didn't know why. I suppose it started yesterday after I left for home. I couldn't shake the feeling off. It was the same feeling I had before I met Nowaki. I just felt lonely and tired. It had been a while since I'd felt like that, so it was a bit odd at first. I still didn't it like it, of course. Nowaki finally arrived and walked over to me.

"Hey." He said as he sat down. He didn't smile at me as he sat. I felt my heart sink a little. I tried to shake it off, but it was still getting to me. He wasn't getting bored of me or something, was he?

"Oh...hi." I said. For a moment we sat in silence and I was starting to feel panicked. That's when he scooted closer to me and nudged me lightly.

"What's the matter, Kida? You seem kinda down." He said. I looked down at my sandwich and shrugged. I didn't know why I was acting like this at all. Nowaki grabbed my hand and pulled it closer to him. I felt my cheeks get warm. He pushed up my jacket sleeve and I instantly felt the urge to cry. I looked away as he examined my arm. He reached up like he was going to touch my arm. I clenched my fist, preparing for the pain. It didn't come, though, because he dropped his hand.

"Kida..." He shook his head and I bit my lip. Tears welled in my eyes as he spoke. "You need to stop doing this to yourself."

"...I...I'm sorry..." I wiped my tears away with my free hand. He looked at me and I kept my eyes away from his. I felt afraid. He was disappointed. It hurt to know that.

"Kida." Nowaki took my chin and turned my face towards him. His hand found its way into my hair and he pulled me towards him. As his lips pressed against mine, my tears dried up instantly. He was kissing me again. This time, I didn't cry. I leaned into him more and clenched his shirt in my hands as he kissed me.

In that moment, I felt all the fear and pain lift from my shoulders. Nowaki really did make my life better...I hoped he stayed in it for a long time. We separated and he smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back, and like the first time, a look of awe spread across his face. He took my face again, and kissed me once more.