Chapter 2: Martial Spirit Awakening

"Brother! Brother! Hurry up!" Tang Jiyao shouted at his big brother, Tang San.

"Just a minute, Yaoyao." Tang San replied, tired but amused at his brother enthusiasm.

"Father! Were leaving!" Tang Jiyao shouted waving, informing his father, Tang Hao.

Tang Hao just grunted, making them know that he heard them.

Tang Jiyao and Tang San is currently walking towards their village's Spirit Hall.

Naturally, this so-called Spirit Hall was merely a large log cabin, nothing more.

Because everyone had martial spirits, every year children would have to undergoing martial spirt awakening. Therefore, Spirit Halls could be found everywhere on the Continent. Naturally, these were only subsidiary halls, there was a distinct hierarchy.

"Brother, What do you think our will spirit be? I'm curious about whats my martial spirit's gonna be." Tang Jiyao said starting a conversation.

"Me, too." Tang San answered. "What martial spirit would you like?" Tang San asked.

"Anything! As long as it can make me money!" Tang Jiyao excitedly said.

"Money? Why money?" Tang San asked, curious.

"So... I can buy father lots of drink!" Tang Jiyao said happily. "Also lots of food!"

Tang San just smiled at his baby brother, amused and happy.

"Uhum... Were gonna be rich someday." Tang San promised.

"Of course! When we grew up, I want us to have the money to buy everything we want!" Tang Jiyao said excited.

Tang San smiled at his baby brother's innocence.

'Uhum... I'll make sure of that.'

Tang San promised in his mind.

"Were here!" Tang Jiyao said while looking at the building in his front, Spirit Hall.

Inside the Spirit Hall, in addition to Grandpa Jack and eight children there was also one youth. This person appeared to be just over 20 years old, dashing eyebrows slanting above starry eyes, his facial features extremely bright and handsome. He was dressed completely in brilliant white clothes, a black cloak on his back, and right on the center of his chest, above his heart, was a palm sized 'spirit' character. This was standard attire for staff directly subordinate to Spirit Hall.

"Greetings, esteemed Spirit Grandmaster, this time we will inconvenience you." Grandapa Jack respectfully bowed to the youngster.

The centre of the youngsters forehead betrayed an indifferent arrogance. Indifferently bowing slightly, he at last returned the greeting,

"My time is scarce, let's begin."

"Very well. Children, this is a Spirit Grandmaster from Nuoding City. Next, he will guide you to awaken your martial spirit. You must cooperate well with the esteem Spirit Grandmaster to conduct your martial spirit awakening. Grandpa is looking forward to seeing who among you has the capability to become Spirit Masters." Grandpa Jack reminded.

"Very well, you said the same thing last year. Do you think becoming a Spirit Master is really that easy? I already passed six villages, and not one of them had a person with spirit power. They also didn't have any noteworthy martial spirits." The youngster somewhat impatiently said.

Grandpa Jack's eyes showed a trace of dejection.

"Ahhh... Yes... Only one in very many inherit the aptitude to actually become a Spirit Master. Among us ordinary people, it is indeed difficult." Grandpa Jack said weakly.