Chapter 14: Holy Gold Snake

Tang Jiyao and Hao Min is currently staying at an inn in an city. Tang Hao made them travel here, marking their next training.

Tang Hao accompanied Tang San and Lu Ya, saying that their training will be different.

Tang Jiyao gaze at the window outside the inn.

'I can't believe it's been 15 years since I got to this world. I still remember my first journey, the way I met the seven.'

___________________________________________

9 years ago...

Tang Jiyao is sniffling, sad that his brother left.

"Stop crying, you'll meet your brother in the right time." Tang Hao comforted.

"Uhumm..." Tang Jiyao nodded.

Tang Hao made Tang Jiyao prepare his things so that they can begin their own journey.

"Prepare your things, we'll after you're done." Tang Hao said.

The dou begin their journey. Their first destination seems to be a forest.

"This forest is called, Light Dragon Beast Forest, legend says that the Light Dragon King stayed here for a couple of years, making it house light-attributes spirit beast." Tang Hao explained when they arrive at a unique looking forest.

This forest is very different to the ordinary forest, as the trees in this forest contain a yellow-brown leaf, making it look special.

Tang Jiyao is very intrigue to see this unique-looking trees.

The Dou travel towards the center of the forest.

"According to the people who came here before us, the oldest living spirit beast in this forest is a 70,000 years old Mirror Light Butterfly." Tang Hao said.

The dou continued to travel, as they traveled, they encounter a what seem like a fight.

Two spirit beast is fighting. This two beast have the same color just with different intensity, this two beast is a golden butterfly and a golden snake. The butterfly's golden tone seems to be a white-yellow like, while the golden snake's is dark-gold

The two watched as the two fought. The Butterfly flap its wings as it summon a golden barrier around it. As the golden butterfly summon its barrier, the golden snake open its jaw and a bright-like beam seem to appear in it.

The golden snake shot the beam towards the butterfly. This light beam is so fast that Tang Jiyao can barely saw it even with the usage of Purple Demon Eyes. But the light beam of the Snake, no matter how fast it is seemed to just bounce at the Butterfly's barrier, making it reflect toward its owner.

The two saw as the snake own attack get reflected and severly injured it. The Golden Butterfly flew towards the snake seemingly mocking it, when a roar made it jump. The Golden Butterfly seemed to sense something and flew towards the roar.

It's the first time Tang Jiyao saw a fight like that. Where a single mistake could take your life.

This made Tang Jiyao realise how dangerous this world is. Tang Jiyao pity the gold snake, it's own attack made it lose. The attack that the snake put much effort with, just got easily reflected.

Tang Jiyao approached the gold snake and saw its situation. The head of the snake seemed to bleeding, while its body seemed to be burned. Tang Jiyao saw as the wounds of the snake seemed to be recovering but its severity is just to high.

Tang Jiyao then understood that the gold snake can't survive this even with its healing capabilities.

Tang Jiyao summoned his Martial Spirit, Clear Sky Elemental Guqin, and played it.

A music then surround the surroundings. This music brings a warm feeling towards the snake.

The snake, or the Holy Gold Snake, is a 400 years old spirit beast, but it already awaken it's intelligence due to its bloodline, The Light Dragon King's bloodline.

The Holy Gold Snake is one of the descendant of the Light Dragon King, making it a top-tier spirit beast.

According to the elders in their clan, the Light Dragon King impregnated one of their ancestors, The Gold Snake Empress.

The Gold Snake is originally just a mid-tier spirit beast but because of its own bloodline, it can manage to compete those of top-tier levels.

The Gold Snake Bloodline, made the Gold Snake's body more attuned to the elements. There are many variants of the Gold Snake Clan, The Red-Gold Snake which is attuned to the fire element, Brown-Gold Snake that have the earth element as its element.

The Gold Snake Bloodline mix with the Bloodline of the Light Dragon King made the most unique Gold Snake species, the Holy Gold Snake.

The Holy Gold Snake is renowed for their affinity towards the light nature, but it is not most unique trait of the snakes. It's their healing ability. The Holy Gold Snake became the weakest of its species when it came to fighting, but when it came to healing, it is in the top of the whole spirit beast race.

The Holy Gold Snake is just relaxing that day when he sense an attack coming towards it. The moment the Holy Gold Snake avoided the attack, the moment he turned his head toward the assailant.

'The Mirror Light Butterfly clan!'

The Holy Gold Snake thought angrily and fearfully. This Mirror Light Butterfly seems to be a 1,000 years old spirit beast.

The Mirror Light Butterfly and the Holy Gold Snake is an arch nemises. They will attack each other if they ever see one.

The Mirror Light Butterfly also contains the Bloodline of the Light Dragon King, but in their case, the Mirror Light Butterfly clan stole it.

When the Gold Snake Empress died, she left three direct descendants. Among the three only two lived to become a powerful spirit beast.

The one who died, died at the hands of the Mirror Light Butterfly. At that time the head of the Mirror Light Butterfly Clan is a powerful 70,000 years old spirit beast.

The head of the Mirror Light Butterfly Clan kidnapped one of the three and extracted its bloodline. The head then injected it towards its own lineage making it acquire a more powerful light affinity, and having acquire a chance to awaken the absolute light element.

The Holy Gold Snake is very regretful in not focusing its hard work in his most powerful talent, healing. Now its own attack is the reason why he would fail, can't even heal from that kind of injury.

The Holy Gold Snake is shaking out of regret and sadness when it heard a music.

To be continue: