Chapter 8

Author's Note: I do not own any Fandoms' Content or any of its Characters that are seen or used throughout this entire story that you might recognize for they all belong to their respective owners. Any Original Plot, Original Ideas, or OC's belong to me.

Clary sent a grateful smile towards Jace, Alec, and Izzy. "I appreciate you coming forth to offer a place among you, though its true that training with you I'd know more about my heritage, easier to access resources, and receive the proper training; but I'm gonna have to decline." Giving an apologetic expression.

Klaudia smiles wide, wider than anyone would prefer it not to. If this is what people do what they refer to as fist pump in victory, then Klaudia was mentally imaging herself doing it from hearing Clary's answer.

Alec was indifferent, Izzy was disappointed. As was Jace, though he gave an understanding look. "I see," He spares a glance in Klaudia's direction. "You sure you were not compelled?"

Clary frowns. "Excuse me?"

"You do know vampires can compelled similar to a Downworlder vampire's Encanto. We Shadowhunters can easily succumb to compulsion if not properly trained against it, and given your lack of training, you can easily be compelled against-"

SMACK!

Alec and Izzy stare in shock with wide brows.

"Clary!" Jocelyn exclaimed in shock with Luke looking dumbfounded.

Magnus raises a brow, though he simply drinks his beverage and didn't care as it was rather amusing to see someone smack a Shadowhunter.

Jace is slackjaw. His cheek stung. He places a hand over his left and glares. "The hell was that for?"

Clary is seething. "No one is forcing me against my own will. How dare you make assumptions that I'm under some mojo spell."

Klaudia sniggered and felt this odd sensation of...warmth in her cold, evil heart.

"Klaudia saved my life when she didn't have to. If the "worse woman in the world" as many of you people claim to give two cents about me than you are way off with the definition of "pure evil". She huffed heatedly, closing her eyes and rubs her head.

Klaudia walks up behind her, placing both hands on her shoulders. "Easy love. Sit down."

Clary gently waves her hand in reassurance. "I'm fine." She turns back to Jace with a harden face. "I know you all must think I'm crazy or naive of siding with who you call the "Great Evil", but I only see Klaudia as a person that didn't have to help me. I'm sorry for overreacting by slapping you."

Jace shifted his jaws and nods. "Forgive me for overstepping my boundaries. I was simply checking. You are a novice to this world. There are things you don't understand like werewolf or vampire territories, avoiding Faeries with their twisted idea of entertainment, or not risk getting cursed by a Warlock."

"I take offense to that that thank you very much." Magnus pipped in.

Jace rolls her eyes at ignoring him. "Whatever. Point is, are you sure you are making the right choice?"

Clary turns back to her mom, Luke, and then at Klaudia. Looking at the Original Hybrid, Clary curls a small smile. She turns back to Jace, nodding with conviction in her eyes. "I'm certain. I've made my choice."

Izzy gave a sad smile. "Well shoot. And here I was hoping for some girl time as I can use a bestie to go shopping. I had this plan of getting you into some cute dresses or head to the salon to fix you up to make anyone want you badly."

Clary returned the sentiment, though she was uncertain if she wanted to show off her "girly" side.

"Well there's not much we can do here then." Alec said. He shot Jocelyn and Luke a warning look. "If you two plan to be in charge of her Shadowhunter training, you best tell her the in and outs of the Covenant and Accords. Shadowhunter unaffiliated or not, Clary is aware off the Shadow World, and still must abide to the laws that govern us. I don't wish for your daughter to be apprehended by other Shadowhunters, who will be less hospitable and imprison her in the Silent City or worse face trial in front of the Clave in Idris."