Chapter 10

Author's Note: I do not own any Fandoms' Content or any of its Characters that are seen or used throughout this entire story that you might recognize for they all belong to their respective owners. Any Original Plot, Original Ideas, or OC's belong to me.

~~~~~~~

Esther, who return back into her original body was with Alaric. Both hav taken refuge in the Salvatore Tomb at the Mystic Falls Old Cemetery where it was acting as their hideout and base of operations. Reasons why were because this location happen to be the exact same spot where Klaudia had torn Esther's heart from her chest, thus Esther's death marked the grounds.

Esther worked on the first step of creating her ultimate hunter by giving him the ultimate weapon. She has a bowl in front of her with Alaric standing on the opposite side from where she stood.

"I'll need your ring." She asked.

Alaric narrows his eyes. "Now, why would I give you the one thing that protects me from death?" It was his lifeline.

Esther snorts in amusement. "I will give you all the protection you need. However, the stake will burn up in the body of its first victim." She had the last remaining white oak that everyone thought was destroyed, however, it would be useless if it only kills one of her children since the aftereffect causes the stake to burn once it has slain an Original; which is why they are doing this next step of creating this special weapon. Hence she goes on to explain. "If you are to kill all of my children, I will need to bind the protective magic in your ring to the stake, thus rendering the white oak indestructible."

She held her hand out. Alaric is hesitant but gives up the Gilbert Ring, handing it over to Esther. Esther then drops the ring into the bowl and begins the incantation. Flames burst up from the bowl as it melted the ring. Esther stirs the molten metal with the white oak stake and then turns it upside down. The molten metal rolls down all over the stake, covering parts of it and fuses as it hardens, becoming one with the White Oak.

 The molten metal rolls down all over the stake, covering parts of it and fuses as it hardens, becoming one with the White Oak

Esther smiles, pleased with her creation. She looks at Alaric, who is in awe and stares at the weapon if it were the most beautiful jewelry in the world. In his eyes is an eager, dark intent on wanting to drive it in the heart of any vampire. "The ultimate weapon...for the ultimate hunter."

Now that step one is over, it was time for the complex part that involves getting into trouble with this town's youths that have crossed roads with her children; and the sooner the better. Her daughter needed to die; and sadly so did her unborn granddaughter for if the child is born and potentially displays magic, the child will be a beacon that will draw Dahlia in; and they are all doomed.

Harsh as it was, one must let some things die so that others may live. Her children and granddaughter will die so many can be spared from her older sister's wrath.