TWO

Once dessert was finished, And everyone seemed content, Dumbledore rose from his seat.

"Your attention please!" He called out, holding his wand to his throat, causing his voice to resonate throughout the vast hall. Instantly, all the students pivoted their focus towards him, setting aside their meals and conversations for the moment.

"I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." Dumbledore exclaimed.

Murmurs started circulating throughout the hall, accompanied by exchanged looks of excitement among friends. A man in his middle years stood up from his seat, making his way towards Dumbledore and the casket.

"Que fait-ill" Aurelia muttered to herself while she dosed off at what the old man was saying. She knew what they were going to do, Father told her. Aurelia was originally going to put her name in but since her birthday is a week after the first task, she wouldn't have time.

"After much deliberation, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. Mr Crouch stated, which was then met with whispers and disrespectful comments "This decision is final."

As an air of tension thickened in the room, the once-muted whispers grew in intensity, swelling into a medley of enraged outcries and curses, unleashed by several agitated students. The atmosphere crackled with palpable anger and frustration, as emotions reached a boiling point. And amid this tumultuous scene, a moment of anticipation hung in the air as all eyes turned towards Dumbledore, the wise and revered figure who stood poised to step forward, seemingly holding the key to quelling the storm that had engulfed the gathering.

His presence alone seemed to carry a weight of wisdom and authority, and everyone waited with bated breath to witness how he would address the turmoil that had gripped the room.

The grand hall echoed with an air of anticipation as the headmaster's authoritative voice cut through the murmurings like a thunderclap. "SILENCE!" he roared, his presence demanding attention from all corners of the room. Instantly, a hush fell upon the assembled students and faculty, each person feeling the weight of his words.

With a commanding gesture, the headmaster raised his wand, its intricate carvings shimmering with power. All eyes followed the trajectory of the wand as it focused its magical energy on a seemingly ordinary wooden box placed at the center of the hall. As the wand's magic swirled around the box, the wood started to writhe and contort, as if it were awakening from a deep slumber.

Gradually, the wood began to melt away, revealing a hidden treasure within—a mysterious, ancient-looking chalice known as the "Blue Flamed Goblet." Its ethereal blue flames danced gracefully, enchanting the onlookers with their mesmerizing glow. Whispers of awe and wonder rippled through the hall as everyone gazed upon the extraordinary artifact now revealed before them.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely writes their name upon a piece of parchment and throws it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night."

Fleur gave Aurelia a quick wink, She instantly understood that Fleur wanted to put her name in the fire.

"Do not do so lightly," Dumbledore began again "If chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment, the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

With an air of stately authority, the venerable Headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore, addressed the assembled students in the Great Hall. His sage voice resonated through the ornate chamber, filled with anticipation and curiosity. The enchanting Beauxbatons and stalwart Durmstrang students, who had come from afar to participate in the illustrious Triwizard Tournament, had experienced a night of awe-inspiring displays of magic and camaraderie.