TWENTY-ONE

Cedric had spent most of his morning looking for his girlfriend, Aurelia. When he woke up the girl was gone from his arm. He checked the Ravenclaw table for her face but was disappointed when she wasn't there.

Oliver and Orion had started searching but to no avail. It was as if the girl just disappeared.

As the four made their way to the docks, which were packed with students cramming on the small boats, he spotted Fleur. Cedric had become even more scared when even she didn't know where he was. His last resort to finding her was Harry.

"Harry" Cedric called out through the crowd "Have you seen Aurelia? I haven't been able to find her anywhere."

He shook his head as he replied "Ron and Hermione are missing too."

Giving up, Cedric headed onto a boat along with Harry, the boat magically rowing them to the middle of the Black Lake. He didn't wanna continue with the task but he knew he had to. They were separated from the two other champions, as they shared a boat with Crouch.

As they approach the stadium stand, Fleur's figure was shaking as she urgently called out to other. It wasn't until they got closer could they hear her "Has anyone seen Gabrielle, My sister?" It couldn't have been coincidence.

"Aurelia, Ron, and Hermione as missing as well." Harry's worried tone didn't help the situations, actually it did the quite opposite. Fleur was convinced that something bad happened to them. Cedric knew Aurelia could defend herself, but without her presence he felt off.

Cheers rang as the four champions were lined shoulder to shoulder, where in a few seconds they would have to jump in.

"Welcome to the second task!" Dumbldore's voice rumbled through the three tall stands. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure, of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie at the bottom of the black lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface."

Burnette and Colette, one of Aurelia's friends were allowed on the stand. Madam Maxine urgently suggested they keep towels in hand just in case someone they know shows up, weirdly the two girls didn't give it a second thought and just did as they were advised.

"In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. You may begin at the sound of the cannon."

The second the cannon was fired, the three champions wasted no time and dived straight into the chilly water. Harry took a while since he hadn't consumed the gillyweed prior and had to be pushed in by Professor Moody.

Cedric cast a bubble-pocket spell, which formed around his mouth and nose giving him a pocket of air, preventing the boy from inhaling the water.

Seaweed blocked his every direction, he had to pick one and hope for the best. As he swam through the forest of seaweed, many tiny ocean creatures watched him from afar, fascinated with the bubbly around his mouth and nose.

He swam like he was headless until he caught a glimpse of a flashing light. As he swam toward the light 4 blurry symbols made themselves known, they looked like floating humans. Studying them closer his face dropped in horror.

Aurelia was there, seaweed tied around her leg. Her chestnut hair floated around her face, and her expensive silk robe moved freely in the water. Cedric even noticed that she still wore the bracelet he got her for her birthday, Even in the murky water, she looked good, but that was beside the point.

Harry had arrived a little after Cedric, he seemed to be torn between the two

"Diffindo!" Cedric cast at the seaweed, which cut it in what felt like a nanosecond. All he cared about was getting Aurelia out of the water as soon as possible.

He then linked his arm with her, Noticing that Harry was wasting time. As he was about to surface he locked eyes with Harry and then tapped his watch, indicating that he was running out of time.

Cedric took one last look at Harry, then began to float with Aurelia's chestnut hair floating around like it had free will. He just hoped Harry isn't still wasting time, by the rate he's going he'll end up in 4th place.

He emerged from the water, the air bubble disappearing as the sound of cheers filled his senses. All he could make out was Aurelia's labored breathing as she regained consciousness, expelling the water from her lungs through coughs. At that moment, time appeared to move at a sluggish pace, and they remained oblivious to the applause, joyful shouts, and high-pitched laughter celebrating his victory.

A shared gaze of relief and elation passed between them. Without a word, their eyes locked, and the world around them seemed to fade into insignificance. In a heartbeat, their lips met in a passionate kiss that conveyed their unspoken emotions better than any words could.

After pulling away Cedric helped the weak girl onto the stand, where she was immediately engulfed by a dry blanket, Burnette wrapped the girl as she set temperature charm on the towel to heat the girl up.

As the final moments of their hour slipped by, the chime resounded as Ron and Gabrielle Delacour emerged, their throats rattling with coughs. Fleur swiftly ascended the ladder, while Ron aided his younger sister in making her way to the surface.

Aurelia disengaged from Burnette, assisting Fleur in raising her sibling onto the platform. She enveloped the young girl in a towel before reaching out to Cedric. Once Cedric was completely dry, she embraced him tightly, both of them still chilled from spending hours submerged in the lake's depths.

Cedric generously offered his towel to Aurelia and pulled her close to his body to provide warmth.

At that instant, Harry surged out of the water, soaring onto the platform and collapsing onto the ground, still expelling water with coughs. Dumbledore carefully examined him for any indications of harm but swiftly gave him the all-clear.

Turning to Cedric "I never did thank you for saving me, Did I,"

Cedric chuckled, "Well maybe you can thank me Tonight."

Dumbledore's voice suddenly resonated over the stands again, "Attention. The winner is Mr Diggory!"

The stadium erupted with cheers as Oliver proudly raised his chunky, golden championship sweater over his head. Amelia's joyful shouts filled the air, while Aurelia drew him in for a passionate kiss.

"For showing unique command of the bubblehead shark. The way I see it, Mr. Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasly but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fiber"