TWENTY-SEVEN

Harry Potter awoke slowly from a troubling dream, his mind replaying the haunting image of encountering his parents alongside Cedric in the graveyard at Little Hangleton, an event that had occurred just months earlier.

As he stirred, the sound of a turning key caught his attention. Reacting swiftly, Harry reached for his wand, preventing the key from hitting the ground. Suddenly, the door swung open with a brilliant burst of light.

"Professor Moody?" He asked in disbelief, "What are you doing here?"

"Rescuing you, of course."

The group followed Moody as he loped out of the house, Harry hot on his trail. As they walked on the freshly mowed grass Harry couldn't help but be confused and asked, "Where are we going, The letter said I had been expelled from Hogwarts."

Moody not wanting to hear more from the boy quickly explained, "Well, you haven't been, not yet. Kingsley, you take point."

"But the letter said-"

Kingsley shook his head dismissing the boy "Dumbledore persuaded the minister to suspend your expulsion... pending a formal hearing."

"A hearing?"

All individuals queued up in a line, except for the witch and wizard, while Harry took his place in the center flanked by Kingsley and Moody.

"Don't worry. We'll explain everything when we get back to headquarters." Nymphadora, an auror, spoke to Harry which made Moody shoot the girl daggers.

"Not here, Nymphadora." Moody quickly rebuked.

"Don't call me Nymphadora.' Her silvery pink hair now turned a bright orange as a showing of her anger,

Moody expressed his annoyance by rolling his eyes. He lightly tapped his staff on the ground, causing broomsticks to soar into the hands of all the witches and wizards present.

They grinned at him while grabbing their brooms and getting onto the tarmac. Moody gazed at the group, advising, "Stay in formation, everyone. Don't break ranks if one of us is killed.

With astonishment, Harry gazed at Moody as they ascended into the sky, arranging themselves in a protective formation around him. Tonks and Kingsley took up positions on either side, acting as accompanying guards during the flight.

Riding their brooms, they soared through the air, leaving trails in their wake. Their swift flight caused the water under them to twist beneath them, and every now and then, Moody's extended coat would graze the water's surface.

They touched down elegantly in the park beside a stretch of houses adorned with ornate wrought iron fences and balconies, and no one made any aggressive moves toward them or appeared to pay them any attention.

Moody tapped his staff three times, with every tap, the building moved right in front of their eyes. The people inside continued their activities as if a whole section of the building was showing itself.

"In ya go, son."

Inside the house, looked gloomy, as if all the happiness was sucked out. It quite matched the view from the outside, the color was deprived from the headquarters.

"No deaths. No proof."

"He almost killed Harry. If that isn't proof enough..."

"Yes, but guarding you-know-what is the most important..."

"We must trust Dumbledore on this."

"Was he able to protect Harry last year? Well, tonight I say it's time to take action."