FOUR

The warm breeze carried the fragrance of freshly bloomed flowers as the students of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic merrily sat in a circle on an expensive blanket that sported the Dior crest. Among them was Aurelia Dior, the esteemed Head Girl of Beauxbatons, known for her brilliant mind and gentle demeanor. She took it upon herself to teach some First Years some French.

As Aurelia gracefully sat amidst the chattering first-year students, she couldn't help but notice their awe and curiosity about the girl. Feeling an overwhelming desire to contribute to their amazement, she decided to share a small part of her wisdom.

"Bonjour, mes chéris," Aurelia greeted them with a warm smile. "I hope you're all having a lovely day!."

The first years responded with enthusiastic nods and bright smiles, eager to learn from the esteemed Head Girl.

"I thought I could teach you a little French today. After all, Beauxbatons is a school where French magic intertwines with the marvelous art of wizardry," Aurelia explained.

A hushed silence fell upon the students, their curiosity piqued as they awaited her next words.

"Let's start with some basic French phrases that you can use every day," she continued, projecting her voice gently to ensure everyone could hear her. "Repeat after me, s'il vous plaît."

And so, Aurelia began to teach the first years simple greetings, introductions, and phrases to express their magical experiences in French. The young witches and wizards were eager learners, carefully imitating her pronunciation.

As the lesson progressed, the students' confidence grew, and they began to interact with Aurelia using their newfound French skills. Laughter echoed through the courtyard as they exchanged magical tales and amusing stories, all in the French tongue.

As the evening sun painted the horizon in hues of orange and gold, Cedric Diggory, the friendly and popular Hufflepuff student, strolled through the Transfiguration Courtyard with a group of his Hufflepuff friends. They were engrossed in their own conversation when the sound of laughter and soft French words caught their attention.

"What's that?" one of the first-year Hufflepuffs asked, peering toward the source of the enchanting voices.

Cedric followed their gaze and spotted Aurelia surrounded by a circle of mesmerized students, all laughing and speaking in French. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he recognized the Head Girl, appreciating her efforts to bond with the younger students.

Curiosity piqued, Cedric motioned for the Hufflepuff first years to follow him quietly. They tiptoed closer, careful not to interrupt the impromptu lesson.

"Bonsoir, mes amis," Cedric greeted Aurelia and the students with a warm smile as they approached the circle.

Aurelia's blue eyes lit up at the sight of Cedric. "Bonsoir, Cedric, and his friend! Care to join us? I was just teaching them some French."

Cedric grinned and turned to the wide-eyed Hufflepuff first years. "How about it, guys? Shall we learn some French magic?"

The first years nodded eagerly, thrilled to have Cedric joining in. They formed a half-circle around Aurelia, and she resumed her teaching with enthusiasm.

"Now, repeat after me," Aurelia instructed, her voice as melodious as the lark's song. "Je m'appelle Aurelia"

The first years stumbled over the pronunciation, but Cedric encouraged them with a chuckle. "That's it, take your time. Je m'appelle Cedric."

One by one, they introduced themselves in French, beaming with pride as they managed to grasp the pronunciation with Cedric's help.

As the language lesson continued, Cedric found himself enchanted not only by the language but also by Aurelia's skill as a teacher. Her patience and passion shone through, making the first years feel at ease and eager to learn.