Chapter 23

As I approach the wedding ceremony, I gracefully navigate through the crowd of people

As I approach the wedding ceremony, I gracefully navigate through the crowd of people. The setting is truly so dreamy—a beautiful plantation-style house surrounded by willow trees, its lush lawn is set up with seating for the ceremony just in front of the house. The whole scene exudes an air of Southern charm and elegance.

Looking around the ceremony area, I finally spot Jason and Leah at the other end, sitting down. With a smile on my face, I make my way over to them.

"Hey, there you guys are," I say as I take a seat next to them both.

"Hey," Leah greets me, leaning in for a hug. "Are you as hot as I am?" she asks, fanning herself with her hand.

"Yeah, I feel like I'm melting out here," I reply, laughing. "I don't know how no one else is dying from this heat."

"Hey, Clo," Jason says, flashing a smile.

"Jason, looking dashing as always," I say, taking in his Kiton tuxedo as I smile over at him.

"How has the rest of your day been?" Leah asks me as we wait for the wedding to start.

"It's been uneventful if that's what you're asking," I say to her. Because it's true. After leaving Henry to go get myself ready at his parent's house, we all got in the truck and drove to the hotel. Henry checked us in, and then he went to be with the groomsmen while I hung out in the hotel room, which did happen to just be two queen beds—just like he had promised me on the drive to Tennessee. I spent the rest of the time getting ready for the wedding, trying to calm my nerves and make sure everything looked perfect.

The music suddenly shifts, and a hush falls over the crowd as all eyes turn to the back of the ceremony aisle, awaiting the bride's grand entrance.

"So I didn't miss anything in between hanging up with you this morning and getting here?" Leah whispers, leaning closer to me.

"Nope," I whisper back, glancing over at her as she contemplates whether I'm telling the truth or not. "I haven't seen him since earlier this morning. He's been with the bridal party all day."

"Hmm," she hums, a touch of disappointment in her voice.

"Are you sure Clo?" Jason leans in and whispers over Leah's shoulder, trying to keep it hushed, "I'm about to owe Sophie two hundred bucks if you guys don't make up soon."

My jaw drops playfully, "Jason, tell me you're not in on the bets too, are you?"

He chuckles and winks, his blue eyes gleaming with mischief, "Hey, I have to stay a billionaire somehow," he teases, and I can't help but laugh.

Suddenly, everyone turns their attention to the back of the ceremony as the bridal party begins to walk down the aisle. And there he is, right in the front—Henry, looking so incredibly fucking hot in his tuxedo. His dirty blonde hair and those gooey brown eyes instantly catch my gaze, and I can't help but let a smile spread across my face.