005. Late night mistakes

𓆉 KILBY GIRL 𓆉

CHAPTER FIVE
𓆉

THE ANNUAL SUMMER BONFIRE, WAS a tradition most teenagers at Cousins refused to miss. It was a mix of tourists, locals, and vacationers like the Fishers and Conklin's.

Trent and Lana had retreated back to their own house, to ready themselves for the bonfire.

A pair of light washed Jorts were paired with a Dominic Fike baby tee that she bought from a pop up stand and cropped it. Her hair was in the same to Dutch braids Laurel put them earlier.

She didn't have much time to perfect what she wanted to wear, when Trent came busting in her room to tell her they didn't have much longer before Xana woke up from her 'Alcohol coma' as they called it.

They rushed out of the house as quick as they could, walking right back over to the neighbors, meeting them up with them like they said they would.

After meeting with Steven and Jeremiah the four all headed out the back door to gather Conrad and head out to the annual bonfire.

"First bonfire of the summer!" Steven wooed loudly as they made it outside, doing a celebratory dance to show his over excitement.

"Love your enthusiasm, dude. But save it for the party." Trent patted the boys back, shaking his head as he laughed at his idiot friends.

"All right, we're totally taking my car. Y'all are not driving." Jeremiah pointed to the three, and the back to himself.

"Yes! I hate being the DD." Lana cheered, hugging Jeremiah's side in a way of saying thank you.

Stevens eyes filled with envy and jealousy. He knew that Jeremiah and Lana were always the life of the party. They were so alike that they just made so much sense. It always bothered Steven since the ninth grade, the day he realized he had feelings for his best friends younger sister.

He sighed to himself, and put his smile back on, looking Conrad's way. Conrad sat on the edge of the pool smoking a cigarette, meanwhile Belly was in the pool. Lana knew about his recently knew smoking habit ever since she and Trent drove down one winter to surprise the Fishers in Boston.

"Come on, man, we're leaving. You ready?"

"Can I come too?" Belly asked hopefully, looking at the four teenagers with hope.

It was a shock to all when Belly asked the question. She was never a party or out going person.

"Uh," Steven pretending to ponder, giving Belly false hope. "No."

"The moms are getting everything set up for your movie night." Jeremiah reasoned, taking a more gentle approach than Stevens.

Lana rolled her eyes, pinching Stevens arm. "I was gonna say yes, unlike this douche bag." Her eyes narrowed into Stevens, even after he yelped from Lana's pinch. "But Jeres is right, the moms have a bunch of snacks in there, they seem really excited."

She could tell the disappointment written all over Belly's face, but their wasn't much Lana could do. If it was up to her, Belly would be more than welcome to come, the problems was it wasn't. So instead, she walked over to Conrad, stretching her hand out for him to take. "Come on, slowpoke."