008. A not so peaceful evening

𓆉 KILBY GIRL 𓆉

CHAPTER EIGHT
𓆉

BELLY AND LANA'S DRESSES WERE absolutely perfect. Meanwhile Belly quite frankly didn't see it the same way. While Lana admired herself in the mirror, Belly admired the girl too.

The way her curves perfectly fit into the small floral patterned top and skirt. The top was filled with floral patterns, fitting her chest tightly and strapless. Accompanied by the same patterned mini ruffled skirt. A small purple fascinator resting on her curled hair.

"You girls ready?" Laurel walked in with a loud and reluctant sigh.

"Uh, yes." Belly smiled towards her mother. "But, actually I was wondering if Lana could take us," Belly nervously asked, chipping away at her freshly painted nails. "You know, to make it easier on you." She quickly added, growing anxious as Laurel kept silent.

Laurel cleared her throat. "Yeah, yeah. That's fine." She gave a tight lipped smile. "Just let me know if anything is wrong, and you can come home."

Lana laughed at Laurels worry for Belly. "Laurel, you know nothings going to happen to her. I'm right here during the whole thing. If Belly doesn't feel like she wants to continue with this, she doesn't have too." She paused. "Just let her find out first."

Laurel knew she was right. Lana always was.

"You're right. Okay, you girls have fun and be careful driving." She directed her last comment towards Lana as she knew the girl wasn't the best driver. But good enough to get we're needed. "I love you!" She yelled as the girls left through the front door, trying to make it away from a uneasy Laurel and her worries.

"Love you, too!" The girls yelled back in sync, stepping into her black ford explorer.

The car ride was mainly silent on Belly's part. She was clearly nervous when half her baby blue nail polish was no longer on her nails. As Lana parked the car at the country club, she placed a hand atop of Belly's, stopping her from picking at any more of the polish.

"I made sure our seats are right beside each others." She reassured, removing her hand. "The girls are super nice. They'll take you under their wing. And I promise you they were once newly introduced to being a Deb last year too."

Belly sighed, throwing a smile onto her face as Lana's words had slowly eased her mind from the fear of the judging faces.

They both hoped out of the car, taking a lead towards the entrance. They walked along the sidewalk with their heads held high, only one of them with actual confidence coursing through them.

Lana face lit up with surprise, seeing Jeremiah holding a stack of towels in his life guard swim trunks.

"Look who it is." She whistled, catching his attention.

Jeremiah's eye wondered around before finally landing on the two girls. "Woah. Y'all look amazing." He choked out, at a loss of words. "I didn't even recognize, you two."

Belly nervously laughed. "Tell me the truth. Um, do I look like a fool?" Her eyes scarcely wandered around, avoiding Jeremiah's and Lana's eyes.