009. Interupted dates

𓆉 KILBY GIRL 𓆉

CHAPTER NINE
𓆉

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT and Lana was spending her time at a book signing. No matter the excuses she made up Trent still found a way to drag her along so it would be 'fair for him'.

It wasn't as bad as she thought, having the company of Steven and Jeremiah's humor made it much more tolerable.

The three had decided on a multitude of challenges to cure their boredom. One being, stacking as many books in Stevens arms as they could, while also being quiet.

Lana laughed as quietly as she could, watching Steven struggle to keep his balance as Jeremiah stacked more and more.

"Don't drop it." The blonde whispered, the pile almost reaching over his head if it wasn't for him leaning back. "You can do it all right?" Stacking another four books, making it past his head.

Lana rummaged through the pile of unwanted book scattered on the table. She grabbed the thickest book she could find, which was most likely a dictionary, and handed it to Jeremiah.

From what Steven could see past the books, was a big smile strewn on the brunettes face, knowing something was about to come his way. "Oh god." He whispered beneath his breath, preparing for the worst.

Jeremiah purposefully placed down the thicker book with a amount of force, making Stevens arms wiggle around.

Lana couldn't contain her laughter anymore. Watching Steven juggle the books around, and trying to stay balanced had her entertained for the night.

"Don't drop em' Steven." Lana mocked. As if her words were a jinx, they fell. The heavy books plowed down from his arms, loudly booming against the floor. The whole place went silent, old people's eyes staring wide at the commotion.

Lana grabbed onto Jeremiah's arm, and swept him away from the scene, already seeing Susannah headed there way.

Laughs racked the twos body, hurrying away from Steven to make it look like he somehow did it alone. But it was quite obvious to other trouble makers had been at the scene.

They weaved through the crowds of people, plopping down on a tacky flower patterned couch.

Lana brought her knees to her chest as she watched Steven storm over to the two. She tried to hide her face from him, her face still visible of laughter.

He sat down right beside them, slapping both of them on their arms. "Thanks to you two, I had to clean all those books up." He paused, looking down at a unaware Lana, who was trying to silently laugh. "And I can hear you laughing."

She lifted her head up with a downwards smile, trying to contain laughter that still wanted to bubble out. "You were the one with the idea." She shrugged.

"She's got a point." Jeremiah agreed, but looked away as soon as Stevens stare landed on him.

Stevens unenthusiastic side left quickly as he joined in on the laughing. "You should have seen Susannah's face. She was was looking all around for you two. I told her you did it." He slapped his knee like he told the funniest dad joke.