011. The disaster of Taylor

𓆉 KILBY GIRL 𓆉

CHAPTER ELEVEN
𓆉

ALTHOUGH LAUREL HAD THOUGHTS AGAINST Lana's idea of letting Belly drive the brunettes car, Lana found it quite easy to persuade the mom.

After Conrad had left things so awkwardly, both Jeremiah and Lana had decided on letting Belly practice her driving before they had to pick up Taylor.

"So Taylor feels like your too energetic sometimes." Belly had randomly blurted, while still trying to focus on the road.

From the passenger seat, Lana couldn't help but utter a laugh. The curly head had had joined in on the statement.

"Lana's always been the energetic of the group. When has that became a problem?" Jeremiah came to her defense, resting his hands on the two front seats while he sat in the back.

"I did ask her why she felt like it was a problem, but then she just got mad at me and said i was taking your side." She explained, grasping the wheel tighter, sneaking nervous glances Lana's way.

"Oh well." Lana shrugged, with out a care in the world of what an irrelevant person thought of her. She saw no need to make it a problem when Taylor obviously was trying to make it one. "If she doesn't like it, that's fine. She can walk away."

"Okay, slow and steady. You're doing great." Jeremiah intervened, changing the subject to Belly's driving. "Just keep going straight, okay?"

"okay." she nodded, focusing on the road even more than she was before.

"See i told you you would get the hang of it." Lana proudly cheered, reaching back to high five Jeremiah out of her feeling of pride.

"So, you excited to see Taylor?" Jeremiah asked.

"Yeah, uh, of course. So excited." Belly said through gritted teeth of false excitement.

"You sure?" Jeremiah laughed, leaning forward.

"Look, she's my best friend in the world, but, um, you know how Taylor is. She's like a hurricane."

"That's one way to put it." Lana nodded, letting her hand hang out of the window as the air pushed against her skin gently because of the rate of speed Belly had been going.

"And i guess i always feel like the supporting character around her. Which, normally, i don't mind. But sometimes she just gets wrapped up in her own world, and especially starts creating problems with people she knows i love."

Lana bit the inside of her cheek, feeling like some problem was going to potentially be created as soon as Taylor saw her. But she hoped for the sake of Belly, the blonde would keep the hatred inside.

"Don't worry about that. If anything needs to be said, you know i got it." Lana playfully winked, bringing the smile back to Belly's normally bright face. "And plus, it's your birthday, it's all about you. If you feel like a side character stand up, and prove yourself."

"Thanks La." In the split second that Belly's looked over to smile and thank Lana, she had completely swerved the car, rushing to get the wheel straight.