010. Happy birthday, Belly

𓆉 KILBY GIRL 𓆉

CHAPTER TEN
𓆉

"LANA GO GET ME A beer!" Shouted Xana, it echoing through the tidied house, due to the job of the maids. Xana pretended that her life was put together and she was a great mom, but anyone who lived on the inside of the walls new it was all fake.

Lana was footsteps away from opening the front door to head over to the Fishers. It was Belly's birthday, she had to follow tradition.

She hesitated, debating wether she would listen or go about with her day and pray that Xana's to drunk to remember. With a swift sigh, she opened the door with her opposite hand, as she had a present in the other, and slammed the door shut. Making sure her mother knew she was gone.

She rushed as quickly as she could out the door, hoping she wouldn't drop the thoughtful gift held with her toned arms. She didn't bother knocking against the door as she entered the house and made her way into the kitchen just on time like they had planned.

"Sorry for the wait, Xana was a bitch as usual. You know nothing new." Lana shrugged like it was nothing, placing her gift down on the table.

Jeremiah swooped by her, swiftly wrapping his right arm around her shoulders from behind, before moving away to attend his next task with cooking. She could tell her words worried him, but didn't it show greatly to the rest. But the small action of the quick hug was enough for Lana to know.

"Where's Trent?" Steven questioned, looking away from his cooking.

Lana looked around noticing that he wasn't already there like she had guessed. "I don't know, he been off ever since last night." She shrugged away the thought, pulling out a chair beside Conrad who ate cereal on the island. "He's probably with his girl friend again." She gagged, profound images she'd rather not see filling her mind.

"Thats not like Trent." Susannah frowned, worry crossing her face.

"Yeah, he's never missed any one of our birthdays." Conrad added, shoving cereal in his mouth.

They went to add on their ideas but fell silent when Belly entered the room in a beautiful floral dress that hugged her body perfectly.

The family's all chorused happy birthdays, bringing a bright smile to Belly's features.

"Happy birthday, gorgeous girl." Lana lovingly whispered into her ear. Wrapping her arms around the file lovingly, before retreating back to Steven.

As Steven leaned the freshly cooked bacon closer to his mouth, she leaned her lips to his, snatching the bacon with her teeth. His mouth was left agape, meanwhile she happily ate the delicious bacon.

"Shall we open gifts?" Susannah suggested after Belly turned down the Mickey Mouse pancakes Laurel suggested.

They all clapped in excitement, grabbing ahold of their gifts and making way to the living room.

Lana took notice of Belly's smile slowly dropping as she looked around the room for a certain face. It dropped even more when she notice Conrad as he sat there with no look of excitement towards the girl sweet sixteen.