016. Stupid

𓆉 KILBY GIRL 𓆉

CHAPTER SIX-TEEN
𓆉

THE NEXT MORNING ARRIVED AND lana decided to sleep beside Belly that night. The two girls fell asleep, gossiping about how Jeremiah made her feel and how the kiss went down.

Lana climbed off the bed, going straight to the bathroom. She was slightly scared of finding Jeremiah through the hall, considering his room was right beside Belly's.

Before she could even make it to the bathroom, she was stoped by the person she was avoiding. "Lana." His soft voice spoke. She wanted to turn around, ignore him so badly. But she couldn't. He was her best friend, regardless of the actions that took place the night before.

She inhaled deeply. "Jeremiah."

"Can we talk...about last night." He looked sincere, like he needed to get it out.

Lana gulped. She was afraid of him saying the usual, 'i think we should just stay friends'. She didn't even know if that's what she wanted. Lana didn't know what she wanted. "Look, if you're just going to tell me that you just wanna be friends. Spare me."

"no, that's not-"

"Dads and his girlfriend are here!" She heard Steven yell from downstairs, stirring Belly out of her room, stumbling past the two and down the stairs.

Lana turned back towards the boy. "Let's talk about this later."

He wanted to call after her, tell her to come back. But he let her walk. Jeremiah knew how the girl was, i mean she was his best friend since forever ago. She kept her feelings far away from the surface, even if it was romantic feeling towards her own best friend.

He decided on following her down the stairs and pretending everything was normal. Sparing her the pain of dealing with the fact he wanted more than that.

The teenagers all huddled at the door, ears closed in on the wood, trying to hear what the adults on the outside talked about.

"She's hot." Jeremiah gawked.

"Dude." Steven shook his head.

"What? I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking."

"I wasn't thinking that." Belly said, intensely staring out the window.

"Yo, that could be their future step mom." Conrad thought aloud.

"Dude, what the hell?" Steven once again reacted negatively, shoving Conrad forward.

Conrad just laughed. "Don't push me."

"Guys they're coming, they're coming." Lana yelled, shoving the non related family away, and into the kitchen, leaving Steven and Belly alone.

Lana decided to head home before the July fourth party begun. She wanted to feel pretty, hoping to not feel stupid in the end when she saw Jeremiah.

She wore a plain red tank top with light denim shorts and her white platform converse. 

Finally finishing off what she needed to do, she headed back over, instantly heading over towards Gigi and Susannah.