Fool

(Charles perspective)

Today is the day of qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix. I'm so ready. I've been training a lot.

Me and Carlos are walking around the Paddock together to go see Max. I always like hanging out with Carlos it's always a good time.

But just as we were walking past the Alpha Tauri paddock I see her. Victoria. My ex girlfriend. The girl I've been missing.

After we broke up 6 years ago I realized that I wasn't ready to break up with her and that it was a big mistake. I tried calling and texting her but they never went through. I assumed she blocked me. I mean I don't blame her. I'm broke her heart and mine. But what is she doing here?

I wave at her. She waves back. "Hey I'll catch up with you later" I said to Carlos and I started to walk towards Victoria and her best friend Chloe.

"Bonjour Victoria!Ravie de vous revoir, Ça fait un moment" (Hey Victoria! Nice to see you again, it's been a while) I say as I go on for a hug. Was it to soon. She hugs be back.

"Bonjour Charles, oui, ça fait un moment" (Hello Charles, yea, it's been a while) she replies as she pulls away from the hug. I wish that hug lasted forever.

I have to be nice and say hello to Chloe. She was my friend once too. "Bonjour Chloe, ravi de te revoir" (Hey Chloe, nice to see you again) I say nodding at her. "Ravi de vous voir aussi Charles" (Nice to see you too Charles) she responds also nodding her head at me.

I want to ask her what she's doing here. "Qu'est-ce que vous faites ici à la course?"(What are you guys doing here at the race?) I ask them questioning. I'm curious. Did she know I was a driver? Was she here to see me?

"On a demandé au petit ami de Victoria de venir chez McLaren" (Victoria's boyfriend got asked to come by McLaren) Chloe states looking at Victoria. "Petit Ami?" (Boyfriend?) I respond back. My hearts breaking. I know I left her but I waited, I waited till I'd see her again.

Till I could tell her how I really felt. I thought she'd wait too. I was wrong. I don't want to be standing in front of them anymore. I want to go find Carlos and tell him all about this. I want to get on the track into the car and just forget this ever happened. I feel like a fool for ever thinking that me and Victoria could ever work again.

But there's still time. Time till we're both 25. And if she's not married to her boyfriend by then, than she has to marry me.

"Que faites-vous à cette course?" (What are your doing at this race?) Victoria says changing the subject. Wait does she really not know that I'm a driver for formula 1. Did she really not want anything to do with me after?

But hey, at least she'll hear it first hand from me, that I made it. Just like how I would say when we were younger. "Je conduis pour une équipe, Ferrari!" (I drive for a team, Ferrari!) I say starting to smile again.

Her questioning look on her face turned to a beautiful smile. How I've missed that face. "Vraiment! Félicitations!" (Really! Congratulations!) she says clapping. That's exactly like I hoped she react.

I have to get going now sadly. The race is starting soon and I need to get ready. "Eh bien, Je dois y aller, les qualifications vont bientiôt commencer, mais peut-être que Je vous verrai tous les deux, profitez de la course!" (Well I have to go, qualifying is going to start soon but maybe I'll see you two around, enjoy the race!) I say giving Victoria another hug.

"Merci, bonne chance!" (Thank you, good luck!) she replies. I got to reach for Chloe's hand. "Bonne chance" (good luck) she replies shaking my hand.

And then I leave.