Never Really Over

After an amazing day with my family me and Charles headed back to his place. My parents offered for me to stay with them but I told them I was fine at Charles place.

We drove back in the Ferrari playing music with the windows down again. But this time the music was quite. A background noise.

Me and Charles talked the whole ride home. Unlike any other drive we've taken together recently.

"So, what are we going to do when Colin comes?" I ask him. Breaking the silence as soon as we started leaving the driveway.

"Well he doesn't know where I live" he said making a weight sort of fall off my back. But it wasn't completely gone yet.

"True, I'm still nervous though" I say in a sort of panicked voice. Charles puts his hand on my thigh and looks over at me.

"It will all be fine" he says looking into my eyes.

I smile at him feeling as though he's telling the truth. Which he might be.

He starts backing out of the driveway as we start heading back to his house. "So did you have a good time?" I ask him changing the subject from our last conversation.

"Yea I had a good time, but the real question is did you?" He says taking his beautiful green eyes off the road to look at me.

"I did it was nice to see them again" I say smiling. I've missed my family a lot since I've moved to America. The highlight of my year most of the time was coming home to see them on Christmas.

"Your dad started to warm up to me a bit towards the end of our stay" Charles states. "Yea he did, didn't he"I respond back.

The rest of our ride was filled with talking about our visit and stories of Charles and his fellow drivers on the grid.

As we pulled into his parking spot and he turned the car off he asked me a very interesting question.

"Would you like to come to the next race with me? It's in Qatar and the trip would be fully payed for" my mouth turned into and o shape.

This was what I dreamed of 6 years ago. Charles becoming a famous driver and me going with him to every race supporting him no matter what.

He sat there staring at me. Waiting for me to respond. "Yes I'd love to" I finally said making a smile appear on his lips.

The rest was all a blur.

As soon as I said that he did what I was not expecting.

He kissed me.

And I kissed him back.

I guess its never really over between us.