I Know You

We finished up on the boat about 20 minutes ago and we're heading to the restaurant we're eat by at for lunch. He told me that his family doesn't know him coming so it will be a surprise for them. "You know my mom asks about you a lot. She's missed having you around" he add as we pull into a parking spot.

"Really? I've missed her too!" I tell the truth. I have missed her. She was always so sweet and understanding. Always treated me like a part of the family.

We get out the car and walk up to the front desk. The hostess walks us to a table in the back. I see Pascale sitting at the head of the table. Lorenzo and his girlfriend on one side, Arthur and his girlfriend on the other. There's two open seats one at the head of the table the other next to Arthur.

As soon as we walk in Pascale's face lights up with joy. "Je te connais! Salut Victoria!" (I know you! Hello Victoria!) She says standing walking over to me.

I let out a little laugh at her response to seeing me. "Bonjour Pascale! Ravi de te voir, ça va?" (Hello Pascale! Nice to see you, how are you?) I say giving her a hug.

"Ça va bien, et toi?" (I'm good, and you?) she asks in a sweet tone. "Je suis super en fait" (I'm great actually)

I said hello to everyone else and took a seat next to Charles. I started talking to Arthur and catching up with him. "Alors, comment vas-tu?" (So, how've you been?) he asks.

"J'ai été bien, j'ai vécu à Los Angeles" (I've been good, I've been living in Los Angeles) I say after taking a sip of wine.

"C'est amusant, comment ça se passe là-bas?" (That's fun, how is it there?) He's always had a lot of questions.

"Pas aussi joli que Monaco" (Not as pretty as Monaco) I say as we both giggle.

After a little more talking Pascale stood up to give a toast. "Voici le fait d"être ici comme une grande famille heureuse!" (Here's to being here as one big happy family!" She says looking around the table smiling while raising her glass.

We all follow raising our glasses as well. We all clinked our classes together laughing. It feels so good to be back with them. They were always so welcoming to me back when Charles and I were dating.

The rest of dinner was so nice. We all talked laughed and ate some delicious food. Way better than the food in America.

We all decided to head home but just before me and Charles left Pascale pulled me over to the side.

"C'est agréable de vous avoir de retour, Charles vous avait manqué. Il a l'air si heureux avec toi!" (It's nice to have you back, Charles had missed you. He seems so happy with you!) She whispers. I started tearing up a little bit when she said that.

I gave her a big hug and she kissed my cheek. I walked back over to Charles. "What did she say?" He asks as we walk out of the building.

I just smile and laugh. "Oh nothing" as he looks at me with a frown which makes me laugh even harder. As we get into his Ferrari.