Chapter I: The Faraway Land Part 3

When she slightly opened her eyes, she was welcomed by a new light. Though her vision was blurry, she saw a glimpse of the maroon cloth covering suspended over the bed which didn't seem to be the ceiling. She heard some strange voices around her which sounded like a sharp-tuned instrument that pierced her ears every time. On top of that, her body felt strange.

As if bathing in a pool of fire, as if melting like ice. She trembled in so much heat, and endured the throbbing pain in her head, while some drops of sweat escaped from her skin. Her face reddened yet her hands and feet were cold.

It's as if she's on the verge of dying. There were five people in the room and neither one of them was familiar to her. They were talking in different languages and she couldn't understand a single thing. The bespectacled old man wearing a dark brown coat positioned his two fingers on top of her forehead and her rather exhausted eyes glowed as he cast a ball of light.

She closed her eyes once again, feeling the bitterness of the green liquid which smelled like herbs that had been shoved into her mouth earlier. She slept for three days and when she regained consciousness, she felt a different sensation from her body. She adjusted her blurry eyesight and stared blankly at the same cloth covering. Then she heard some voices somewhere inside the room.

"This is the very first time the young lady had gotten severely ill. She's not even a wimpy kid to begin with, rather she's the opposite. She's full of energy and always does nasty things to us."

"But I would be lying if I said I want her to wake up soon. In all honesty, the estate sounds more peaceful and safe only when she's in deep sleep."

She slowly got up not minding the dizziness she felt. Then she saw two females in maid uniforms. They were so busy chitchatting and cleaning the room that they didn't notice her awakening.

"I couldn't agree more. After all the hardships we've gone through her wickedness, she deserves this. Maybe God himself punished her."

"Didn't know her body was that weak that made her sleep for three days."

The two maids bursted into laughter. When one of them absentmindedly glanced at their young lady, its eyes widened and her rather bright complexion went pale. She was shocked upon the sudden realization that the person they were laughing about had already recovered and now silently staring at them.

"Y-young lady, you're awake..."

The other maid also diverted her gaze to the young lady who seemed to be waking up from a temporary death. The room suddenly filled with awkward silence.

She looked at them only for a second then roamed her eyes around the room. It looked spacious and it seemed like the room was intended for one person only. The interior was filled with lavish things, every tiny design was intricately made and screamed grandeur. There was an aesthetic vibe surrounding the room yet somehow, it didn't suit her liking.

Nevertheless, her eyes sparkled as she pressed her hands on the soft mattress of the bed. It was way more comfortable than the cushion she had in reality.

What a dream.

She chuckled at her thoughts. Her sudden reaction made the servants flinch. It was the same, bright expression that their young lady used to show when she was about to do some wickedness. It was as if the young lady came up with another interesting thing to do again, at least interesting only for her. The only thing they wished at that moment was to disappear from her sight and never want to appear again.

"Forgive us for our insolence, Young Lady. Please spare us some mercy." The maids prostrated themselves before her, begging for forgiveness for their foolish act yet she didn't mind it at all.