Chapter VI: The Louvern Castle Part 3

There was a part of her that wanted to stop already, thinking that she might trigger the prince and she could get punished but she couldn't stop anymore. She might die tonight if she kept the anger inside her for any longer.

"However, when I said that your curse couldn't be lifted, that I couldn't do anything to help you anymore, there was a hint of disappointment in your eyes. You should've just left me alone that night and withdrawn the proposal but as the natural champion you are, there's no way you will accept defeat. You should've just killed me when you had the chance since my family supported the second prince. Instead, you kept me alive and you still wanted to make me stay by your side. You even proposed a deal that if I stayed with you, you'd stay silent about the curse so that there would be no war. But why? Why do you want to keep someone like me who wouldn't be of use to you? It was strange, right? To keep someone at your side even though you can't gain anything from them." She smiled bitterly as she tried to relax her shaky voice. The emotions she felt were too overwhelming. It's making her teary-eyed.

"You must have something up your sleeves. You were much aware that a war would break out if the duke found out the truth about your curse and you knew exactly that I'm more than willing to do anything to protect my family. That's why you used it to pin me down. You successfully tied a collar on my neck and perfectly put me at a disadvantage. So, even if you have lost the battle with your curse, you can still win the war because you have me as a valuable pawn. You can use me as your last resort if everything goes bad for you." She let out a forced laugh and clapped her hands. "As expected from a war genius. Are you happy now?"

It was a keen and well-explained hypothesis which made him speechless. He couldn't believe she thought of things like that which actually seemed feasible. It was a brilliant idea that even he failed to think of. However, those things were just her mere theory. Everything she had said was partially true, almost. He covered his lips to hide the smile that he couldn't suppress.

Damn it, she's a smart one. If she only knew the real reason why he wanted to keep her, she might die from cringe.

He wanted to revoke everything she had said. He wanted to hold her hands and make her believe that she got it all wrong, again. Then what's the purpose of having a precognition ability when she guessed it all wrong? He thought about it deeply but only shook his head. She must have possessed the ability of foreseeing things but she's not the highest priest who possessed the Divine Revelation. Thus, her ability is limited. So, instead of defending himself from her false accusations, he only let out a chuckle that made her frown.

Guess I'll just go with the flow. It's fun this way.

"Ah, damn it. I'm busted." He walked close to her and her surprise, he sat on the bed beside her and smiled widely. Her eyelids flipped multiple times as she tried to read his facial expression. It was not what she had expected. He doesn't look bothered at all. Instead, he looked so happy that his plan had been figured out.

"Hey, I just found out your brilliant strategy! Why are you acting like it's not a big deal?!"

"So what? I've already succeeded. I got you in my hands now so there's no point in crying over it. Even if you knew it already, there's nothing you can do about it, right?" He pinched the tip of her nose and leaned his face close to hers. "Perhaps, you're already thinking of ways to escape from here. Ah, the thought of it only makes me feel excited."

The cold breeze of the wind from the outside was in contrast to the temperature of her head as her blood boiled like hot water in a kettle. Out of frustration, she quickly grabbed his shoulders and pinned him down to the bed. His eyes widened in shock as he slowly spread his arms on the soft surface. They were in an awkward position but her anger was so powerful that she didn't realize she was already on top of him.